News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

I'm... actually starting to like anime.

Started by The Riddler, September 10, 2011, 10:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahrann

Quote from: BOREDSANTABOY on November 30, 2011, 07:48:25 PM
Subs aren't culture, they're language.  It'd be multilingual, I guess, if you were using the subs to learn Japanese.  Otherwise it just means you want to read and hear the original voices.

Exactly. If I land a lofty tech job and have to outsource to other countries, it would be good for business to learn THEIR language instead of forcing them to speak English. TV shows, cartoons, and animes are probably some of the funnest ways to learn a different language, imo.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

RX-78-2

Have any of you guys heard of the anime Mushi-shi? One of my friends introduced me to it and it's great. It's kind of like an anime version of The Twilight Zone in that it's a kind of sci-fi/fantasy/horror drama and there's no continuity between episodes (as far as I can tell); they're separate stories--although one character is in all of them and I think that there are some other recurring characters. It's worth checking out.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Bearissoslow

stop italicizing things you informal vagina cleaning device

Tahrann

Quote from: Bearissoslow on December 08, 2011, 02:54:36 AM
stop italicizing things you informal vagina cleaning device

Problem?

Potestas

Quote from: RX-78-2 on December 06, 2011, 08:30:57 PM
Have any of you guys heard of the anime Mushi-shi? One of my friends introduced me to it and it's great. It's kind of like an anime version of The Twilight Zone in that it's a kind of sci-fi/fantasy/horror drama and there's no continuity between episodes (as far as I can tell); they're separate stories--although one character is in all of them and I think that there are some other recurring characters. It's worth checking out.
Mushishi is awesome. One of my favourites, that's for sure.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

Bearissoslow

Tahrann

Quote from: Bearissoslow on December 19, 2011, 01:26:25 AM
this is why your mother keeps the rat poison near your cheerios

Haha! Jokes on her, I don't eat cheerios!

Zero

Matt

JrDude

Is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann any good? I know it has some good fan service, but other than that, is it good?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mona

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 29, 2011, 11:29:56 PM
Is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann any good? I know it has some good fan service, but other than that, is it good?

From what I've seen, I like it. I've only watched a few episodes of it, though. It's pretty funny, has interesting characters, and plenty of action.

Tahrann

Quote from: Snowflake Mona on December 30, 2011, 02:09:32 PM
From what I've seen, I like it. I've only watched a few episodes of it, though. It's pretty funny, has interesting characters, and plenty of action.

It is an awesome anime imo.