Main Menu

homeschool=win

Started by Sabby, November 17, 2007, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Quote from: Tsu on November 17, 2007, 08:41:35 PM
Quote from: bluaki on November 17, 2007, 08:24:22 PM
Quote from: Tsu on November 17, 2007, 07:21:15 PM
I'm in an okay public school with a 4.0 in all of my subjects.

IMO, home schooling is the worst thing you could ever do to yourself/your child.
Tell me two downsides to home schooling, I'll probably be able to say how they won't apply to me and list 5-10 downsides to public. In my opinion, home school is the best option for making sure you/your child gets a good education.

Quote from: clompy on November 17, 2007, 07:48:07 PM
public school FTW

easiest way to meet girls if nothing else
Most girls in public school wouldn't be interested in me even if they knew my secret that I keep in real life; everybody's homophobic ;_;

Well yes, public school often has more serious flaws than home schooling, but it is often more accepted than home schooling. Home schooling's problems usually have something to do with the parents. My two cousins are homeschooled, one of them is my age and 2 grades below me. The other one is 9 and can barely read.

It's all about the parents and how strict they are.
I think that myself with the correct materials, I would learn thrice as much or more in homeschool as in public.

Quote from: clompy on November 17, 2007, 08:34:07 PM
bluaki, you're a girl right?
Yeah, I am. >_>

Tupin

Quote from: Tsu on November 17, 2007, 08:41:35 PM
Quote from: Tsu on November 17, 2007, 07:21:15 PM
I'm in an okay public school with a 4.0 in all of my subjects.

IMO, home schooling is the worst thing you could ever do to yourself/your child.
Tell me two downsides to home schooling, I'll probably be able to say how they won't apply to me and list 5-10 downsides to public. In my opinion, home school is the best option for making sure you/your child gets a good education.

Quote from: clompy on November 17, 2007, 07:48:07 PM
public school FTW

easiest way to meet girls if nothing else
Most girls in public school wouldn't be interested in me even if they knew my secret that I keep in real life; everybody's homophobic ;_;

Well yes, public school often has more serious flaws than home schooling, but it is often more accepted than home schooling. Home schooling's problems usually have something to do with the parents. My two cousins are homeschooled, one of them is my age and 2 grades below me. The other one is 9 and can barely read.

It's all about the parents and how strict they are.
9 and can barely read. Wow. I feel sorry for him.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Max Headroom

[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 09:05:33 PM
making sure you/your child gets a good education.

You mean brainwashing
No. If anything, public school would be the brainwashing spam;

not famy

bluaki

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: bluaki on November 17, 2007, 09:28:11 PM

You mean brainwashing
Your parents being the sole educators vs those who spent several years attending college to carry out the process of educating the youth of today.

not famy

Quote from: bluaki on November 17, 2007, 09:36:49 PM
Quote from: famy on November 17, 2007, 09:35:57 PM
homeskooling sux lolz
y?
uhh i had to do homeschooling for 3 years and it was boring |:

well i didn't actually do any school work or anything like that at all, but it was boring lolz

I found homeschool to be ok at first but after while it started sucking, big time.
...̅̅̅

Max Headroom

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 09:38:20 PM

You mean brainwashing
Your parents being the sole educators vs those who spent several years attending college to carry out the process of educating the youth of today.
Let me tell you about a story of my dad:

In high school, he took German. His grades were not very good in the class, compared to everyone else. 20 years later, my dad was in charge of the 20th high school reunion. At the reunion, he was the only person in the German class 20 years ago who still speaks perfect German. Everyone else in the class - those who got As and such - can't say a word. Not even the native Germans in the class could, but then again, 20 years of one language at a time can make you forget your own native language.
[move][/move]

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on November 17, 2007, 09:46:54 PM

You mean brainwashing

In high school, he took German. His grades were not very good in the class, compared to everyone else. 20 years later, my dad was in charge of the 20th high school reunion. At the reunion, he was the only person in the German class 20 years ago who still speaks perfect German. Everyone else in the class - those who got As and such - can't say a word. Not even the native Germans in the class could, but then again, 20 years of one language at a time can make you forget your own native language.
Congratulations, you have a father fluent in German.  Now can he do all the necessary levels of math, English, physics, chemistry, biology, world history, U.S.(or Canadian) history, Latin, Spanish, French, Italian, or other foriegn languages offered in public schools, health, sex ed, physical education, government, economics, art, shop, cosmetics, as well as the many other subjects and courses offered in high school?

bluaki

You mean brainwashing
My mother has a master's degree in education :P

Max Headroom

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 09:51:52 PM
Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on November 17, 2007, 09:46:54 PM

You mean brainwashing

Congratulations, you have a father fluent in German.  Now can he do all the necessary levels of math, English, physics, chemistry, biology, world history, U.S.(or Canadian) history, Latin, Spanish, French, Italian, or other foriegn languages offered in public schools, health, sex ed, physical education, government, economics, art, shop, cosmetics, as well as the many other subjects and courses offered in high school?
Why yes he can, actually (except for cosmetics). In fact, he was a Math, English, World History and Spanish tutor at one time, and even he teaches better then any of my current high school teachers, and he doesn't even have a degree to teach.

The only reason why I'm going to high school (besides all of the social stuff) is because it's easier to work with (in home school, it can be a pain to have to drive to the organization headquarters (what else should I call it?) and show the work you have done. It's a lot worse when you leave things at home, on accident).
[move][/move]

Tahrann

I get B's in everything (cept english) and I homeschool
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on November 17, 2007, 09:59:02 PM

Math, English, World History and Spanish
So he fails to properly teach all the other subjects I mentioned.