Quote from: Jono2 on November 17, 2007, 11:59:50 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 11:57:53 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on November 17, 2007, 11:53:30 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 11:50:54 PM
Quote from: SBSTN1 on November 17, 2007, 11:46:42 PM
Quote from: Polarimetric on November 17, 2007, 11:44:44 PM
Quote from: SBSTN1 on November 17, 2007, 11:41:16 PM
1. I don't care about my grammer on the internet, just my spelling. :P

I had to hold back the laugh that was about to explode from my mouth so I wouldn't wake up my parents when I read that.

It's grammar, dear.
i meant to do that *shifty eyes*, anyways, its fixed now. :D

You can't even quote properly.  Wow.

And I can't navigate my way around an IRC channel to save my life... this stuff isn't that easy to learn if you don't want to put the time in...

though quotes should be easy. >_>
Now see if he had proofread his post, he would have seen his typing was in error and been able to correct his mistake ^______________^

But at the same time, the guy still got his point across, making a fool of himself or not.  you can't deny that.
It took longer to get said point, since upon first glance it just looked like he quoted and didn't reply.
But that had nothing to do with spelling or anything. Just the forums.
[move][/move]

Sabby

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on November 18, 2007, 12:03:19 AM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 18, 2007, 12:01:39 AM
Quote from: Jono2 on November 17, 2007, 11:59:50 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 11:57:53 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on November 17, 2007, 11:53:30 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 11:50:54 PM
Quote from: SBSTN1 on November 17, 2007, 11:46:42 PM
Quote from: Polarimetric on November 17, 2007, 11:44:44 PM
Quote from: SBSTN1 on November 17, 2007, 11:41:16 PM
1. I don't care about my grammer on the internet, just my spelling. :P

I had to hold back the laugh that was about to explode from my mouth so I wouldn't wake up my parents when I read that.

It's grammar, dear.
i meant to do that *shifty eyes*, anyways, its fixed now. :D

You can't even quote properly.  Wow.

And I can't navigate my way around an IRC channel to save my life... this stuff isn't that easy to learn if you don't want to put the time in...

though quotes should be easy. >_>
Now see if he had proofread his post, he would have seen his typing was in error and been able to correct his mistake ^______________^

But at the same time, the guy still got his point across, making a fool of himself or not.  you can't deny that.
It took longer to get said point, since upon first glance it just looked like he quoted and didn't reply.
exactly!!! i quote thinking it will quote the right way, that time it didn't :(.

join the revolutionists for brawl! www.revolutionists.co.nr

Friendly Hostile

No, it shows that by not bothering to proofread, you make mistakes that make you look stupid.  Often they're grammatical or ones like this, both easily fixed if people simply would proofread.  And it's user error here, not forum.

Sabby

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 18, 2007, 12:07:50 AM
No, it shows that by not bothering to proofread, you make mistakes that make you look stupid.  Often they're grammatical or ones like this, both easily fixed if people simply would proofread.  And it's user error here, not forum.
how is it my fault!!! i press the quote button, type what i want to type, and post it. I usually expect it to quote it the right way because it normally does, but it didn't that time.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: SBSTN1 on November 18, 2007, 12:10:21 AM
how is it my fault!!! i press the quote button, type what i want to type, and post it. I usually expect it to quote it the right way because it normally does, but it didn't that time.
You click to begin typing in the text field no?

Max Headroom

Yes, it was the forum's fault that his post looked like it was apart of a quote. Of course, that could be fixed by previewing the post, but even then, that's the worst thing that happen to you during a conversation. Anything else doesn't matter as much (unless the other user is all "i iz l33t lol")
[move][/move]

Sabby

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 18, 2007, 12:12:38 AM
Quote from: SBSTN1 on November 18, 2007, 12:10:21 AM
You click to begin typing in the text field no?
no, I press enter, then begin typing in the text field.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on November 18, 2007, 12:14:07 AM

Yes, it was the forum's fault that his post looked like it was apart of a quote. Of course, that could be fixed by previewing the post, but even then, that's the worst thing that happen to you during a conversation. Anything else doesn't matter as much (unless the other user is all "i iz l33t lol")
If he could have fixed it, then he should have.  It would only be the forums fault if there was no way he could have stopped his post form being in the quote.

Sabby

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 18, 2007, 12:26:06 AM

If he could have fixed it, then he should have.  It would only be the forums fault if there was no way he could have stopped his post form being in the quote.
i don't take the time to proofread every single thing i type, and i don't think i should.

Max Headroom

That's true.
[move][/move]

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: SBSTN1 on November 18, 2007, 12:28:27 AM

i don't take the time to proofread every single thing i type, and i don't think i should.
Then continue to look like an idiotic twelve year old.

Sabby

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 18, 2007, 12:29:42 AM

im 14, and if things are important, like homework, i make sure to use perfect grammar, but this is a forum, i come here relax, i don't pay attention to every little thing i type.

Max Headroom

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 18, 2007, 12:29:42 AM

Who's an idiot? Did I miss something? I don't see any idiots. I can't think about proper English right now. I am too focused on a conversation made out of pure letters and numbers.
[move][/move]

Mystic

Quote from: phatyo on November 17, 2007, 11:31:25 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 11:29:11 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on November 17, 2007, 11:26:26 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on November 17, 2007, 11:25:13 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on November 17, 2007, 11:20:18 PM

Why does it matter if I capitalize my Is?  I mean, I do it naturally anyways, but I don't really think it matters at all.  Not everyone can average at 86 like I can, and for some, it takes quite a longer time to capitalize their sentences.

My point is that it just doesn't matter.  You can still tell what I'm saying when I don't capitalize the start of my sentences.  I hate it when people misspell words, that's what a spellchecker is for (though i don't think there is one here), but most people can spell fine anyways.  If it irks people, yeah, I'll make sure my grammar is perfect, but on a casual message board like this one, it doesn't matter.

Now if you would ask me the same thing about more serious forums, I'd have a different opinion.  But since you're on a lax forum, it's not something that is that important.
but y typ lyke dis
When you can type like this just as easily while making it that much more easy to read?  It also doesn't make you look like a moronic twelve year old who can't tell the difference between their, there and they're.

I am completely against ppl tlking lyk dis.

i just don't think that grammar should be an issue.  Spelling, yes.  Grammar, No.
But if you take the time to properly spell, why not take the time to be grammatically correct as well?
Cause its a big waist of time.
Except even 6 year olds know the difference between waist and waste.