Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Orcarina of Time Master Quest was harder than the original OOT

Its much harder
Its easier
If you hadent played OOT there'd be no diffrence
Never played Master Quest soz
Well there pretty much the same

Allegretto

I personally think it would have been the exact same difficulty as Orcarina of Time if you had never actually played Orcarina of Time, The reason i belive it was so difficult is because i new OOT by heart and was so used to those temples that the switch made it difficult

CuccoGuy

I love MQ because of it's difficulty. Right in the first level, you have to use your sheild to duck under some spikes, which I wanted to do for a long time. It's harder, but I agree with you too. MQ seems to come easier to glitchers since they are usually the only ones who can even think of doing this stuff before they have to (I am one, btw).

PsychoYoshi

A couple of the dungeons (SECRET COW JABU JABU'S BELLY, Water Temple) in MQ are easier, but overall it's quite a bit harder than the original version of OoT, primarily because you really have to think outside of the box to get past the puzzles.

CuccoGuy's 'ducking under the spikes by using your shield' is a good example. Other times, switches are buried within walls, and you can only see tiny parts of them sticking out.

I've made it all the way to the Child Link section of the Spirit Temple, and I'm stuck.

GeekyLink

I personally think it was harder and I enjoyed it for that reason. I've only beaten it once though unlike every other Zelda game I own. I probably should go play it again when I have some time to kill.

I agree with PsychoYoshi that a couple dungeons were easier, but overall it was more challenging.

I remember playing it up to the Deku tree and then just walking in noticing it was quiet a bit different. MQ reminded me a bit of how in the original Zelda because after you beat that game you could play it again, but it'd be changed around and harder. I wish they did that in more LOZ games to be honest.

^ Website that I programmed ^

Gwen Khan

I did not have to much trouble with it, I got stuck in a few places but over all it was pretty much the same for me

Ultrasuperstarenator

So it's kinda like the Lost Levels? Cool. They need that for VC

Allegretto

Quote from: Ultrasuperstarenator on February 19, 2008, 12:50:55 PM
I wouldent really say they are the lost lvls. More of...maybe the alternate ones. Its the same game, same bosses, temples, items. But inside the temples its all mixed around  ;) :D

SkyMyl

100 times harder than WW, which is the same as OoT (To me!). So I still haven't beaten it!

Ultrasuperstarenator

Quote from: Allegretto on February 19, 2008, 03:57:21 PM
Quote from: Ultrasuperstarenator on February 19, 2008, 12:50:55 PM
I wouldent really say they are the lost lvls. More of...maybe the alternate ones. Its the same game, same bosses, temples, items. But inside the temples its all mixed around  ;) :D
That's pretty much the lost levels, Putting the games in a blender and then spitting out something harder with nothing really new?

Allegretto

Hmmm Yea I suppose. Nothing really extra in the game exept a more challenging one.