News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Shiren the Wanderer thread

Started by blue_slime, March 22, 2008, 06:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_slime

For those who has the game, discuss it here!

Japanese (superior!) boxart:

Information:
Shiren the Wanderer is the core of the "Mysterious Dungeon" franchise that is very popular in Japan.  It is a roguelike, which means it is an RPG that takes after the game mechanics of the classic game Rogue.  In this DS game (a remake/port of the original SNES game, actually, but finally it has been released outside Japan this time), you take control of a character named Shiren who is travelling with his partner - a talking ferret - to find the legendary city of gold.

The gameplay is set up as expected: moving around on a randomly-generated dungeon map grid, making "moves" - attacking, moving, using items, etc. - while monsters and npcs on the map do the same.  The game is tough cake like many roguelikes - you die, you start at the beginning at level 1 and with no items in your inventory.  However, whatever you save in the storage warehouses at various villages will be saved from adventure to adventure.  Also, if you really need to save your items that you lost, you have the option of requesting a rescue from a friend through local wi-fi, NWFC, or password.

Friend Codes:
Blue Slime - 1762-2561-2334

Current Rescue Requests:
NOTE: If you have a rescue request, please post the nature of your death: player level, location, cause of death, etc.

blue_slime

Dangit, I rescued someone in a Monster House on floor 12, but the next adventure I was killed by Pekeji on the 3rd floor.  Stupid brother keeps punching me.  :S