News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

DmC

Started by Custom, January 15, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

what do you dudes think about this game?
i really like devil may cry, so i think this reboot looks poopty and i don't know what they were thinking
kinda like how i didn't like other M

but intercourse
i love devil may cry
but i can't support htis
but intercourse
intercourse

what do you think???

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan. After playing the demo I can safely say I'm not too interested. Here are my gripes with the demo and what I've seen in gameplay footage:

-The frame rate is cut so the combat doesn't feel as fluid.
-You can't lock onto enemies.
-Devil May Cry isn't about platforming yet there are platforming sections like it was intercourse ing Prince of Persia or something.
-The Axe is overpowered as poop, the scythe is pretty useless, and E/I seem too different. They feel like pea shooters. Can't explain that last one. Just play the demo to see what I mean.
-It's incredibly easy to attain max style ranking
-Creating your own combos is difficult to do because of not just the frame rate but the way the game is. In past games creating your own combos took creativity. Not in this game.

After Devil May Cry 3 and 4(both amazing action games) its hard to lower your standards when it comes to Devil May Cry or even action games in general. I'll probably end up getting it used way down the line but I can't see myself buying this day 1. It really sucks because I was intrigued at first, but that demo kind of hit the nail in the coffin for me. It's a neat, mediocre action game but not a good or even great Devil May Cry game.

I recently bought the DMC HD collection on PS3, working on Hard mode on DMC3 off and on. Instead of supporting this game /v/ is buying the HD Collection on release day as a "protest". I got most of the achievements in DMC4 years ago and never went back to it because I gave it to a friend. I'm thinking about picking up the PS3 or PC version sometime soon. That game was great.

I'm probably going to pick up Metal Gear Rising Revengence though, that game looks cuhrayzee as intercourse

Tupin

Well, looks like I'll just buy the HD collection. Never played the series, and I didn't expect for this to be a good starting point.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.