News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Man, I can't wait to team that thing up with my Salamence. They're going to wreck havoc online.
DDMence Outrage FTW!
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Not sure if you care about that kind of "etiquette" or whatever it's called, but Salamence was Uber in 4th gen and they have yet to knock him back to OU for 5th gen. Just saying.

Kayo

Quote from: Celebi on March 22, 2011, 06:07:00 AM
Not sure if you care about that kind of "etiquette" or whatever it's called, but Salamence was Uber in 4th gen and they have yet to knock him back to OU for 5th gen. Just saying.
I thought Smogon was keeping everything in one tier for the time being for testing. Has Salamence been confirmed to remain in Ubers yet? I would imagine it still would be, since nothing new really poses enough of a threat to it to keep it balanced in OU.

Generally, I think some kind of "once an Uber, always an Uber" rule is in play. Since the Ubers tier works differently than other tiers: it's a ban list. Things jump from UU to OU and back all the time, but something that's been banned would seldom be unbanned in a case like this.

But who knows?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Salamence has been bouncing back and forth between Ubers and OU for quite some time now, and its place in the Uber tier relies almost solely on Rayquaza's effectiveness in that tier to begin with. As long as that strategy hasn't been nerfed by some new 5th gen mechanic or countered/outclassed by a new strategy its safe to say that Salamence well remain an Uber.

Arguably, now that Salamence has access to Moxie he'll be even more of a mother intercourse er than he already is when paired with Rayquaza. It also learns Dragon Tail by level up, when most other pokemon that learn it has to learn it through breeding. Not sure if you guys have heard of this move yet but its basically a Whirlwind/Roar that does damage. This move will probably give Dragon Dance Salamence even MORE utility.

Fuck

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on March 22, 2011, 01:39:58 PM
Salamence has been bouncing back and forth between Ubers and OU for quite some time now, and its place in the Uber tier relies almost solely on Rayquaza's effectiveness in that tier to begin with. As long as that strategy hasn't been nerfed by some new 5th gen mechanic or countered/outclassed by a new strategy its safe to say that Salamence well remain an Uber.

Arguably, now that Salamence has access to Moxie he'll be even more of a mother intercourse er than he already is when paired with Rayquaza. It also learns Dragon Tail by level up, when most other pokemon that learn it has to learn it through breeding. Not sure if you guys have heard of this move yet but its basically a Whirlwind/Roar that does damage. This move will probably give Dragon Dance Salamence even MORE utility.

Fuck

Dragon Tail is a TM.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

You're right, lol.

My bad

Kayo

Also, I have a feeling that many pokemon will be banned with their Dream World abilities only. Example, Chandelure with Shadow Tag will be banned while Chandelure with its other abilities may stay in OU.

They already banned one DW ability completely, Inconsistent. At the end of every turn, it lowers one stat by one stage and raises one by two. Why was it banned? Tendency to raise Evasion. But yeah, for other reasons some new abilities might be restricted to Ubers on certain Pokemon.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Zero on March 22, 2011, 01:39:58 PM

Fuck

i gave my haxorus dragon tail
enjoy losing 3/4th of your health and giving me a new victim
it's awesome

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on March 22, 2011, 06:21:39 PM
i gave my haxorus dragon tail
enjoy losing 3/4th of your health and giving me a new victim
it's awesome
Except it's reduced priority and 90% accuracy and Haxorus's Special Defense isn't so great. How'd you make it work?
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Well, since I practically did everything story-related and stuff, it's time to move on to the main thing.

CATCH EM ALL.

...But since I want to experience the Dream World and the C-Gear, I want to fully enjoy this game to the fullest. But then you take into account our Dream World is getting delayed...

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 06:27:32 PM
Except it's reduced priority and 90% accuracy and Haxorus's Special Defense isn't so great. How'd you make it work?

dragon dance

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on March 22, 2011, 06:32:14 PM
dragon dance
Dragon Dance all you want, it doesn't affect the priority or your Special Defense.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 06:33:04 PM
Dragon Dance all you want, it doesn't affect the priority or your Special Defense.

it doesn't matter anyway because I outrage and earthquake everyone to death. :3

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on March 22, 2011, 06:35:06 PM
it doesn't matter anyway because I outrage and earthquake everyone to death. :3
That's good enough then. I personally wouldn't use Dragon Tail on Haxorus. That strategy seems much more useful.

I should breed that next. I was lucky enough to find me a Jolly Axew in the story mode run, so I can get natures easily.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

I lost to the Subway Bosses at Multi Train. Stupid Hilbert killed my last Pokemon with Earthquake... :(