News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 01:53:26 PM
Also, I have a feeling that many pokemon will be banned with their Dream World abilities only. Example, Chandelure with Shadow Tag will be banned while Chandelure with its other abilities may stay in OU.

They already banned one DW ability completely, Inconsistent. At the end of every turn, it lowers one stat by one stage and raises one by two. Why was it banned? Tendency to raise Evasion. But yeah, for other reasons some new abilities might be restricted to Ubers on certain Pokemon.
Octillery, Bidoof, Snorunt and Smeargle are the only ones that have it though.
And they're all weak. (With the exception of Baton Passing Smeargle)
Plus there are a few stat remoal moves that never miss. (Haze, Clear Smog, etc.)
So I see no reason for it to be banished on the others.

Also, Salamence better not be banned this Gen.  >:(
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 23, 2011, 08:24:40 AM
Octillery, Bidoof, Snorunt and Smeargle are the only ones that have it though.
And they're all weak. (With the exception of Baton Passing Smeargle)
So I see no reason for it to be banished on the others.

Also, Salamence better not be banned this Gen.  >:(

The ability itself was banned. It doesn't matter what Pokemon have it.

You're not even allowed to use a Butterfree with Double Team. Butterfree's weak, but Double Team's banned. It's the same principle.

Also, instead of whining if Salamence remains in Ubers (or should I say "when") you can train an Ubers team and battle competitively with Ubers. It's a much harsher battlefield, and watch out for the weather.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 23, 2011, 08:30:26 AM
The ability itself was banned. It doesn't matter what Pokemon have it.

You're not even allowed to use a Butterfree with Double Team. Butterfree's weak, but Double Team's banned. It's the same principle.

Also, instead of whining if Salamence remains in Ubers (or should I say "when") you can train an Ubers team and battle competitively with Ubers. It's a much harsher battlefield, and watch out for the weather.
Ubers is not an option for me since I never ever use Legendaries nor Garchomp.
But it would be nice if he got bumped to high OU, so that I can try out my new tricks.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 23, 2011, 08:38:54 AM
Ubers is not an option for me since I never ever use Legendaries nor Garchomp.
But it would be nice if he got bumped to high OU, so that I can try out my new tricks.
There's no such thing as high OU. OU is OU. It's one tier.

BL is almost like a "low OU" but there is no high.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Beat the Elite Four yet again with my average team of mediocrity. Surprisingly, the champ was easier than the four fights before him, even though AFROBULL began one-shotting everyone with AFRO CRASH.

Now to build a badass post-game team comprised of 1 one Pokemon representing each generation (two for Gen V).

Kayo

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 23, 2011, 12:28:41 PM
Beat the Elite Four yet again with my average team of mediocrity. Surprisingly, the champ was easier than the four fights before him, even though AFROBULL began one-shotting everyone with AFRO CRASH.

Now to build a badass post-game team comprised of 1 one Pokemon representing each generation (two for Gen V).
What are you picking for Gen II?
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Kayo

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 23, 2011, 12:58:15 PM
Houndour/Houndoom.
Oh, good. Houndoom's one of my favorites from Gen II.

Now you have a Dark-type.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 23, 2011, 12:28:41 PM

Buffalon is a beast.
With bulky 95/95/95 defenses and 110 base attack along with the "Reckless/Herbivore" ability, it can be a pretty potent physical sweeper with a Scarf/TR set.

Quote from: Kayo on March 23, 2011, 10:30:44 AM
There's no such thing as high OU. OU is OU. It's one tier.

BL is almost like a "low OU" but there is no high.
LOL. Try telling that to the people at Smogon.
I hear "High OU" over there all the time.

DededeCloneChris

I'll make something that must be seen.

A team full of Mew expies.

Then THREE WAILORDS FOR TRIPLE BATTLES.

What other interesting combinations are there?

SkyMyl

An entire team of AFROBULLS.

FruitFlow

DededeCloneChris

FruitFlow

DededeCloneChris

Afro Break is the Japanese name.

Head Charge is the non-American yet American name.