News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Truant would be usable on something that can Skill Swap, I guess. But nothing that has that ability can use the move, if I'm not mistaken.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 03:45:01 PM
Truant would be usable on something that can Skill Swap, I guess. But nothing that has that ability can use the move, if I'm not mistaken.
Slaking and Durant are the only holders of Truant, so no.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 03:48:39 PM
Slaking and Durant are the only holders of Truant, so no.
I thought those were the only two (and Slakoth) but I wasn't sure if anything else got it through DW or not.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 04:51:02 PM
I thought those were the only two (and Slakoth) but I wasn't sure if anything else got it through DW or not.
Yeah. Durant is the only one that gets it via DW.
If another Pokemon were to get it through DW it would probably be Snorlax if it was faster.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 05:01:08 PM
Yeah. Durant is the only one that gets it via DW.
If another Pokemon were to get it through DW it would probably be Snorlax if it was faster.
I seriously can't see how Durant got it. It seems so.. unfitting.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 06:03:56 PM
I seriously can't see how Durant got it. It seems so.. unfitting.
Many people speculated it to be a pun of some sort on GF's part.
Because it contained the sound and pronunciation of "True Ant".

This is somewhat false considering the fact that Truant's japanese form is "Lazy".
And based on reality ants are not lazy insects.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 06:19:21 PM
Many people speculated it to be a pun of some sort on GF's part.
Because it contained the sound and pronunciation of "True Ant".

This is somewhat false considering the fact that Truant's japanese form is "Lazy".
And based on reality ants are not lazy insects.
It's like how they gave Eelektross, which CLEARLY doesn't float, the Levitate ability. For poops and giggles.

"HEY LOOK IF WE GIVE A PURE ELECTRIC LEVITATE IT WILL HAVE NO WEAKNESSES"
"HEY IT'S A LAMPREY SHOULDN'T IT BE WATER/ELECTRIC? NAW, MAN. IT'S GOTTA BE PURE ELECTRIC. AND HAVE LEVITATE. WITHOUT FLOATING"
"STUNFISK? IT LIVES IN THE WATER. LET'S MAKE IT WEAK TO WATER INSTEAD BY GIVING IT AN UNFITTING TYPING"
"AND DRUDDIGON, WE JUST MADE THIS TO LAUGH AT. LOL UNEVOLVING DRAGON"
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 06:24:06 PM
It's like how they gave Eelektross, which CLEARLY doesn't float, the Levitate ability. For poops and giggles.

"HEY LOOK IF WE GIVE A PURE ELECTRIC LEVITATE IT WILL HAVE NO WEAKNESSES"
"HEY IT'S A LAMPREY SHOULDN'T IT BE WATER/ELECTRIC? NAW, MAN. IT'S GOTTA BE PURE ELECTRIC. AND HAVE LEVITATE. WITHOUT FLOATING"
"STUNFISK? IT LIVES IN THE WATER. LET'S MAKE IT WEAK TO WATER INSTEAD BY GIVING IT AN UNFITTING TYPING"
"AND DRUDDIGON, WE JUST MADE THIS TO LAUGH AT. LOL UNEVOLVING DRAGON"
Just like how they gave Delibird "Insomnia" when he already had "Vital Spirit".

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 06:27:55 PM
Just like how they gave Delibird "Insomnia" when he already had "Vital Spirit".
I KNEW there was one I missed. It was that. Thank you lol
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 06:29:02 PM
I KNEW there was one I missed. It was that. Thank you lol
It got trolled big time, lol.

They didn't even give Unown a Hidden Ability.
"Flare Boost" would have been a good option for them.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 06:36:14 PM
It got trolled big time, lol.

They didn't even give Unown a Hidden Ability.
"Flare Boost" would have been a good option for them.
Flare Boost?
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 06:42:32 PM
Flare Boost?
Yeah.
Flare Boost raises Sp. Atk if under the burn status.
It works like Guts, Quick Feet and Marvel Scale, but only activates with the Burn status.

And since Hidden Power is Special based and the only move Unown can have it would have been a decent Hidden Ability.

Drifblim is the only pokemon with the ability though.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 06:50:31 PM
Yeah.
Flare Boost raises Sp. Atk if under the burn status.
It works like Guts, Quick Feet and Marvel Scale, but only activates with the Burn status.

And since Hidden Power is Special based and the only move Unown can have it would have been a decent choice.
Oh, I see. Unown stull sucks though.

Even though, a max Sp. Atk Unown with HP fighting can OHKO a Tyranitar. Just sayin'
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 06:57:40 PM
Oh, I see. Unown stull sucks though.

Even though, a max Sp. Atk Unown with HP fighting can OHKO a Tyranitar. Just sayin'
I've never experimented with a fully EV tamed Unown, but it does look interesting to play around with.
Do you think a Specs Hidden Power Ice would OHKO YacheChomp?

Also, what's the deal with Unown having high Atk even though it has no access to physical moves?

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 07:05:22 PM
I've never experimented with a fully EV tamed Unown, but it does look interesting to play around with.
Do you think a Specs Hidden Power Ice would OHKO YacheChomp?

Also, what's the deal with Unown having high Atk even though it has no access to physical moves?
Hidden Power could have been physical prior to Gen IV, if I remember correctly. It depended on the HP type.
[move][/move]