News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 07:17:30 PM
Hidden Power could have been physical prior to Gen IV, if I remember correctly. It depended on the HP type.
Hmm. I thought for certain it was always Special.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 08:47:57 PM
Hmm. I thought for certain it was always Special.
Nope. I remember seeing it in movesets of Pokemon who relied on Physical attacks, so that reassures me there. It became purely Special with the Gen IV split.

But yeah, if it was a Fire type in Gen III, it would be Special like ALL fire moves. Likewise, a Steel-typed Hidden Power would match other Steel moves and be Physical.

Fuckin' typos I realize right after I hit "post"
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 08:55:24 PM
Nope. I remember seeing it in movesets of Pokemon who relied on Physical attacks, so that reassures me there. It became purely Special with the Gen IV split.

But yeah, if it was a Fire type in Gen III, it would be Special like ALL fire moves. Likewise, a Steel-typed Hidden Power would match other Steel moves and be Physical.

Fuckin' typos I realize right after I hit "post"
Well, then that's a surprise to me.
I thought it was always special no matter what, lol.

That's actually very interesting.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 09:10:52 PM
Well, then that's a surprise to me.
I thought it was always special no matter what, lol.

That's actually very interesting.
It would have been much easier for it just to coincide with the type, as there was no separate variable to decide whether it was Physical or Special.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 27, 2011, 09:20:25 PM
It would have been much easier for it just to coincide with the type, as there was no separate variable to decide whether it was Physical or Special.
Yeah, that's true.
Afaik Normal-typing is the only thing Hidden Power cannot become.
But if it did I believe that would have been Physical.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 27, 2011, 11:01:19 PM
Yeah, that's true.
Afaik Normal-typing is the only thing Hidden Power cannot become.
But if it did I believe that would have been Physical.
Yes, even though Hidden Power is shown as "Normal type" it can be anything EXCEPT normal.

But Normal was always Physical.
[move][/move]

Chris8492

Anyone encountered a wild Volcarona yet? cause my friends team got 1 hit KOed by it, this thing is very strong

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Snivy on March 28, 2011, 04:31:44 AM
Anyone encountered a wild Volcarona yet? cause my friends team got 1 hit KOed by it, this thing is very strong
Check the sand castle's inner chamber.

Chris8492

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on March 28, 2011, 06:09:14 AM
Check the sand castle's inner chamber.

I know where it is, just any suggestions on who should be on the team while you catch it? My friend needs a little help on that, the team she was using was a good team, but it still didnt manage to put a dent in trying to catch it because each one was one hit KOed, and Reshiram was in it too.

FruitFlow

I guess any Rock type will do.

Neerb

So, I am now the champion of Unova. Thank you, Elites, for making half of your members weak to Zoroark.

Alas, I have yet to beat Morimoto or Cynthia (dang freaking cheap Spiritomb with your Double Team spamming), so my training is not yet complete. Then, I will continue to train until all of my team is at my standard level 85 (except maybe that useless Zebstrika), at which point I will finally integrate my old team members to form a real team (and maybe finally get Kayo's Typhlosion over level 64). Right now, I'm training one team member at a time via lucky egg; everyone is 71 except Zoroark, who is 73, and Victini (the one I'm training first), who is 77.

FruitFlow

I'm going to do Trade + Lucky Egg when I start up my EV taming.
Everything will be much faster that way.

Kayo

I can't wait until I finally finish the east side. I'm trying to EV train a few Gen V pokemon to use first. So far I have Hydreigon and Golurk, and I'm going to TRY and get Galvantula and Escavalier too. I don't know what else. Suggestions?

And I'm actually saving Chandelure for later.. I want mine to be PERFECT and I'm not wasting time now for absolute perfection, considering it took me 2-3 days to get my perfect Deino.
[move][/move]

Rayquarian

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 27, 2011, 09:24:51 AM
I can now use the Wi-Fi features of Pokemon White without hijacking someone else's internet, from the comfort of my room. This means I can access the Dream World when it's available, and trade with everyone.

THIS.
CHANGES.
EVERYTHING.
Lucky

The university's internet is too secure.  At least I have a 3DS now, so I can connect to my parents internet when I go home.

New project: packet-sniffing.  Maybe I can leech off this random WEP encrypted MyLGNetwork or something...

FruitFlow

Every schools internet is "secure" in some way.