News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

I like how they actually made the sun set earlier in winter. Very realistic! Heh heh.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 02, 2011, 04:43:40 PM
I like how they actually made the sun set earlier in winter. Very realistic! Heh heh.
It also sets later in the summer. Yes, they actually know what they're doing with seasons to an extent. I'm loving this.

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 01, 2011, 11:44:55 PM
I spoke to him once, but all he did was tell you the stats your pokemon are good in.
Thank God for calculations.
When I'm IV breeding for 31s in more than one stat, I ask him so I find out how many stats I have 31 IVs in. So helpful especially at level 1 when I can only tell one stat otherwise (from the characteristic). Also the general potential, I look for Relatively Superior or Outstanding. If it's one of those two I'll use Rare Candies and a Calculator, but if not I release the Pokemon or trade it on the GTS or something.

Your Scraggy has Outstanding potential!
I'd say it's best potential is in its Attack stat.
Hm! It's Defense is also good.
It's Special Attack is good too.
It's Speed is also good!
They can't be better in that regard! That's how I judged it.

That Scraggy. Oh my god. I love it so much.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Put two Pokemon up on the GTS today for giggles to see what would happen.

1: a random Dunsparce I imported, asking for a Lvl 1-9 Scyther in return. Someone went for it in a day.
2: I pushed the envelope and went as far as I could without asking for a legendary: offered a Cryogonal in exchange for an Espeon. 8 hours later, and I've got a Shiny Lvl 100 Espeon.

...the GTS is ridiculous.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: SkyMyl on April 02, 2011, 09:41:42 PM

1: a random Dunsparce I imported, asking for a Lvl 1-9 Scyther in return. Someone went for it in a day.
2: I pushed the envelope and went as far as I could without asking for a legendary: offered a Cryogonal in exchange for an Espeon. 8 hours later, and I've got a Shiny Lvl 100 Espeon.

*Laughs hysterically*

Kayo

Quote from: SkyMyl on April 02, 2011, 09:41:42 PM

99% chance it's a hack. Just sayin'
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Back in Diamond, I once tried cloning a Mewtwo I had... and it worked, first try! So, then I decided to up the ante; I tried to clone my legitimate American Celebi (lv 70 from the 10th Anniversary), the rarest Pokemon in America at the time due to it only being in that one event. And it was taken, replaced by a fake Celebi!! I panicked a bit, then decided to put it up for trade with a lv 70 Celebi. I kept trading and trading Celebis, until finally, by some miracle, I got another 10th Anniversary one. I immediately took him back to the computer, and I haven't tried cloning since then.

FruitFlow

I've heard so much about cloning in pokemon, but have never attempted it since I choose to stay on the safe side.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 03, 2011, 10:32:44 AM
I've heard so much about cloning in pokemon, but have never attempted it since I choose to stay on the safe side.
Two words: bad egg.

Rayquarian

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 03, 2011, 11:28:33 AM
Two words: bad egg.
They're clones, though.  They're just another instance of a legitimate pokemon obtained through some exploit.  Their checksum values are copied too, so it shouldn't ever be interpreted as a bad egg.

FruitFlow

Just like cloning Rare Candies.

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 03, 2011, 03:03:28 PM
Just like cloning Rare Candies.

A Rare Candied Pokemon is a useless noob Pokemon, so I'd say that's irrelevant.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on April 03, 2011, 03:21:58 PM
A Rare Candied Pokemon is a useless noob Pokemon, so I'd say that's irrelevant.
I actually thought that the cloning process was the same as with the pokemon, but I just now remembered it was different.

Kayo

I got a legit shiny Beldum on the GTS once. It was so exciting, it was at a low level when I found it. It was asking for something, I don't remember what but probably something like Zapdos. Well I happened to have a few extra GTS Zapdoses so I traded one of them. It was worth it.

<3 my shiny Metagross.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

The only shiny I've never obtained in the wild was an Aerodactyl.
I got that from breeding.