Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 10, 2011, 09:45:04 AM
No, not yet.
That explains everything.

Before the Elite Four, much on the Battle Subway is off-limits (The Super trains are if I'm not mistaken), and also the IV judge. He only appears post-E4.

I just assumed you'd beaten it by now, lol.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 10, 2011, 09:47:38 AM
That explains everything.

Before the Elite Four, much on the Battle Subway is off-limits (The Super trains are if I'm not mistaken), and also the IV judge. He only appears post-E4.

I just assumed you'd beaten it by now, lol.
Oh, lol.
So that's why.

I've mostly just been screwing around, and wasn't too in a rush to beat the game.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Playat

Well after being owned several times by E4, I finally beaten them and then N. Ghetsis appeared and owned my team. It took a while to KO Ghetsis's Hydreign with Serperior being the only high-level pokemon on my team at the time, but I managed to beat Ghetsis and the game. Now I'm exploring the other part of the Unova region and level-grinding my pokemon.

Post-E4 team
Zekrom Lv 52
Krookodile Lv 55
Serperior Lv 59
Victini Lv 54
Seismitoad Lv 43
Cryogonal Lv 46

FruitFlow

Isn't Seismitoad awesome?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Playat

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 10, 2011, 05:15:14 PM
Isn't Seismitoad awesome?

Eh, its alright...I've haven't level-grind it that much though.

FruitFlow

I would love to see how well it fairs out against Quagsire, Swampert and Gastrodon.

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 10, 2011, 10:24:27 PM
I would love to see how well it fairs out against Quagsire, Swampert and Gastrodon.

The fastest Grass Knot user wins.

FruitFlow

Kayo

But Swampert looks the best.

And can often survive Grass Knot.

Haters gonna hate.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

True. But Seismitoad is the fastest of the 4, has 3 awesomely unique abilities, and can RestTalk.
The only plus side on the other 3 is the fact that they can learn Waterfall.
But then again who would use a Water-type move on something immune to it.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 13, 2011, 08:45:14 PM
True. But Seismitoad is the fastest of the 4, has 3 awesomely unique abilities, and can RestTalk.
The only plus side on the other 3 is the fact that they can learn Waterfall.
But then again who would use a Water-type move on something immune to it.
Seismitoad can't, even? Ahahahaha.

Also the other three can RestTalk, since they learn the moves in Gen 4 and then there's Pokeshifter, so that point doesn't count.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 13, 2011, 08:47:54 PM
Seismitoad can't, even? Ahahahaha.

Also the other three can RestTalk, since they learn the moves in Gen 4 and then there's Pokeshifter, so that point doesn't count.
Yeah, but his ability to learn Grass Knot covers that. 8)
Also, I was mainly talking Gen 5 wise for the movepools.

I'm eager to see what tier Smogon places them in.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 13, 2011, 08:55:14 PM
Yeah, but his ability to learn Grass Knot covers that. 8)
Also, I was mainly talking Gen 5 wise for the movepools.

I'm eager to see what tier Smogon places them in.
My predictions:

Gastrodon: UU
Quagsire: NU
Seismitoad: UU
Swampert: OU

Gastrodon I say UU because its ability Storm Drain gives it an extra immunity now, like it didn't before, and as a result it has something else to switch in on, maybe. Swampert will always stand out in the 4 because well, face it. It has one weakness, to a fairly-rare type. The rest are outclassed.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 13, 2011, 09:01:04 PM
My predictions:

Gastrodon: UU
Quagsire: NU
Seismitoad: UU
Swampert: OU

Gastrodon I say UU because its ability Storm Drain gives it an extra immunity now, like it didn't before, and as a result it has something else to switch in on, maybe. Swampert will always stand out in the 4 because well, face it. It has one weakness, to a fairly-rare type. The rest are outclassed.
Quagsire is a definite NU.
Horrible Speed, Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.
But his new Unaware ability might change that.

Grastrodon does sound like it'll be a UU now thanks to Storm Drain's improvement.

I'm not too sure on Swampert and Seismitoad though.
They both sound like they may be BL.

Whiscash is the only one here not worth mentioning.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 13, 2011, 09:34:33 PM
Quagsire is a definite NU.
Horrible Speed, Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.
But his new Unaware ability might change that.
It didn't help Bibarel, who has always been NU. If anything's making use out of Unaware it might as well be Swoobat.

QuoteI'm not too sure on Swampert and Seismitoad though.
They both sound like they may be BL.
Except Swampert completely outclasses Seismitoad. There's gotta be something making it into OU from the Water/Ground list, and Swampert makes the most sense out of all of them.

QuoteWhiscash is the only one here not worth mentioning.
It's better competitively than Quagsire.
[move][/move]