<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 22, 2011, 04:37:55 PM
Well, not necessarily.
I don't really consider Audino grinding to be as fast as the VS. Seeker training.
Audino grinding is good, but it just doesn't feel as efficient as the VS. Seeker.
...Ever visited the Nimbasa Domes after beating the main storyline?

FruitFlow

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 22, 2011, 04:40:41 PM
...Ever visited the Nimbasa Domes after beating the main storyline?
LOL. I still haven't even beaten the game.
Didn't even get my 7th badge yet.

But that's only because I wanted to screw around a bit and do more exploring.
Such as getting a Shelmet, which I can't do until Winter ends.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 22, 2011, 04:44:06 PM
LOL. I still haven't even beaten the game.
Didn't even get my 7th badge yet.

But that's only because I wanted to screw around a bit and do more exploring.
Such as getting a Shelmet, which I can't do until Winter ends.

Then really, there's no point to this if you haven't gotten past the 7th Gym.

FruitFlow

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 22, 2011, 05:06:40 PM

Then really, there's no point to this if you haven't gotten past the 7th Gym.
But I wanna start EV taming my pokemon "now". :(
And I don't want to go any further until my brother reaches me.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Loss of VS Seeker sucks, but you can make up for it alright:

~Black City battles
~Nimbasa City's Big Stadium and Small Court (mid-60s here)
~Battle [Cynthia] in the Summer
~Battle Game Freak Morimoto
As well as some other places, but these are my favorites.

And when all else fails the Elite Four is pretty easy to beat, and offers plenty of experience.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Okay, I just beat the 7th Gym Leader.
My team still consists of the Pokemon I started with:

Lv. 34 Excadrill
Lv. 37 Samurott
Lv. 38 Simisear
Lv. 36 Tirtouga
Lv. 32 Conkeldurr
Lv. 30 Elgyem

My brother's team:

Lv. 37 Unfezant
Lv. 38 Emboar
Lv. 38 Simisage
Lv. 36 Archen
Lv. 35 Zebstrika
Lv. 30 Litwick

One thing I didn't understand was why Brycen used his Beartic 2nd and his Cryogonal last.
If Beartic is supposed to be his signature pokemon.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 26, 2011, 02:35:57 PM
Okay, I just beat the 7th Gym Leader.
My team still consists of the Pokemon I started with:

Lv. 34 Excadrill
Lv. 37 Samurott
Lv. 38 Simisear
Lv. 36 Tirtouga
Lv. 32 Conkeldurr
Lv. 30 Elgyem

My brother's team:

Lv. 37 Unfezant
Lv. 38 Emboar
Lv. 38 Simisage
Lv. 36 Archen
Lv. 35 Zebstrika
Lv. 30 Litwick

One thing I didn't understand was why Brycen used his Beartic 2nd and his Cryogonal last.
If Beartic is supposed to be his signature pokemon.
I think when I battled him, he used Beartic last.

The AI actually has a few good things in B/W, and this must be one of them. Perhaps Crygonal had a serious disadvantage against your active Pokemon that Beartic could easily take care of.

This is like Nimbasa City's gym, where the leader spams Volt Switch. Using a Pokemon immune to Electric attacks (Preferably a zebra, which will get a boost) she changes her entire strategy.

The Elite Four also tend to use their strongest Pokémon while they still have others left, since at least Gen 3.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 03:13:23 PM
I think when I battled him, he used Beartic last.

The AI actually has a few good things in B/W, and this must be one of them. Perhaps Crygonal had a serious disadvantage against your active Pokemon that Beartic could easily take care of.

This is like Nimbasa City's gym, where the leader spams Volt Switch. Using a Pokemon immune to Electric attacks (Preferably a zebra, which will get a boost) she changes her entire strategy.

The Elite Four also tend to use their strongest Pokémon while they still have others left, since at least Gen 3.
Well, I suppose.
It just felt a bit awkward how a trainer uses their trump card at an early rate.
I don't even think I had a pokemon with an advantage against his Crygonal.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 26, 2011, 03:40:55 PM
Well, I suppose.
It just felt a bit awkward how a trainer uses their trump card at an early rate.
I don't even think I had a pokemon with an advantage against his Crygonal.
Maybe something with physical attacks? I don't think that AI is that smart but I don't know.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 03:42:49 PM
Maybe something with physical attacks? I don't think that AI is that smart but I don't know.
Actually, it's extremely rare so find somebody having trouble with Brycen. A huge amount of people have issues with Lenora and Elesa the most.

Kayo

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 26, 2011, 05:39:13 PM
Actually, it's extremely rare so find somebody having trouble with Brycen. A huge amount of people have issues with Lenora and Elesa the most.
Lenora was just slightly too overpowered if you don't grind (it took me two tries to beat her)

And Elesa spams that Volt Switch move that confuses everyone

The later gym leaders were easy since you could easily match their strength at higher levels.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

It's ironic how the Leaders spam the TMs they give out.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 27, 2011, 07:45:53 AM
It's ironic how the Leaders spam the TMs they give out.
Except Skyla. Not even all of her Pokemon know it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kondor on April 27, 2011, 11:54:13 AM
Except Skyla. Not even all of her Pokemon know it.
I think her Swoobat is the only one that knows it.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 27, 2011, 05:42:58 PM
I think her Swoobat is the only one that knows it.
It is. And it doesn't even use it a lot (It didn't use it in my battle, not once. Then again it only got to launch one attack before I took it down).
[move][/move]