News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Robert Plant

Started by major tom, January 06, 2008, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

major tom

(I've decided to make a fun and stupid thread)

So, what's up with Robert Plant?

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know him as the amazing singer of Led Zeppelin. But what's with him and, well, sex? In songs about sex like You Shook Me and Whole Lotta Love, he makes noises that sound like he's half singing, half intercourse ing-in-the-studio.

But then I was listening to Dazed And Confused and wondered, why does he have a need to make sexual noises in songs that aren't really about sex? Was he trying to sound sexy for the ladies, since he's really just a curly haired, red-headed Brit?

Discuss.

Java

Didn't he make a new album recently with Alisson Krauss?

Kaz

That's cock rock for you.

In case you didn't notice, he does it in sync with Page's guitar work. I'm not really sure what the point was, but it makes it sound like he gets off to Page's guitar.

I like his weird little noises. I think they add a bit of unintentional humor and character to their songs, and it shows that he wasn't some stuck-up asshat who took himself seriously. It would've been annoying if he did it in all of their songs or something, but he doesn't, so it doesn't bother me.

Also, listen to his solo work some time. It's not as good, but he's got some pretty cool, catchy tunes.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

RosettaStoned

You spelled "Plant" wrong, I believe.

major tom

Quote from: Java_Java on January 14, 2008, 09:19:36 PM
Didn't he make a new album recently with Alisson Krauss?
Yes. It's 'okay'. IMO, the louder the music, the better Plant sounds.
Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 14, 2008, 09:24:12 PM
Also, listen to his solo work some time. It's not as good, but he's got some pretty cool, catchy tunes.
It's just 'meh'.
Quote from: RosettaStoned on January 15, 2008, 03:14:12 PM
You spelled "Plant" wrong, I believe.
You have dsylxeia.