News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Dream band?

Started by David2314, January 27, 2008, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David2314

If you could have any guitarist, bassist, drummer, vocalist, etc in one band who would they be?

Jeff Walker -Carcass (Vocals/bass)
Alexi Laiho-Children of bodom (Vocals/guitar)
Mikael Åkerfeldt -Opeth (Guitar/Vocals)
Kerry King- Slayer (Guitar)
Daniel Svensson -In Flames (Drums)

Shujinco2

Singer: Freddie Mucury
Giutarist: Jimi Hendrix
Basist: That guy from Yes. ;D
Drummer: Jhon Bhonnam
Keyboardist: Rick Wakeman.

Kaz

Vocalist: Robert Plant
Guitarist: Jimmy Page
Bassist: John Paul Jones
Drummer: John Bonham

I even have a great name for this imaginary band. It could be called "Led Zeppelin."

Quote from: Shujinco on January 27, 2008, 09:45:20 PM

Chris Squire.

An another note, how did you manage to make an error for every line except the last one? That's Mercury, guitarist, bassist, and John Bonham.

Jeez kid, learn to spell.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 27, 2008, 09:52:45 PM
Vocalist: Robert Plant
Guitarist: Jimmy Page
Bassist: John Paul Jones
Drummer: John Bonham

I even have a great name for this imaginary band. It could be called "Led Zeppelin."

Quote from: Shujinco on January 27, 2008, 09:45:20 PM

Chris Squire.

An another note, how did you manage to make an error for every line except the last one? That's Mercury, guitarist, bassist, and John Bonham.

Jeez kid, learn to spell.
THAT'S HIM! :O That guy is awesome IMO.

And yeah, without firefox, I can't spell for crap. :P

major tom

I could list five or six guys with epic talent, but it wouldn't work. Why? Because, what would they play? A real superband is a band that works amazingly as a whole.

So I have three ideas for one:

A)
Axl Rose- Vocals
Slash- Guitar
Izzy Stradlin- Guitar
Duff McKagan- Bass
Steve Adler- Drums
B)
David Lee Roth- Vocals
Eddie Van Halen- Guitar
Michael Anthony- Bass
Alex Van Halen- Drums
C)
Robert Plant- Vocals
Jimmy Page- Guitar
John Paul Jones- Bass
John Bonham- Drums

Kaz

Quote from: Co-Z on January 27, 2008, 09:57:22 PM
A real superband is a band that works amazingly as a whole.

Which is why most "superbands" spawned from other bands usually don't work. A prime example would be Asia. You'd think that four guys collected from Yes, King Crimson, and Emerson, Lake and Palmer would be able to make great music. But...no. Asia sucked.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 27, 2008, 10:01:08 PM

Which is why most "superbands" spawned from other bands usually don't work. A prime example would be Asia. You'd think that four guys collected from Yes, King Crimson, and Emerson, Lake and Palmer would be able to make great music. But...no. Asia sucked.
MEANWHILE, look at wings!

Couple of unknowns and Sr. Paul McCartney. Now THAT was a good band!

Kaz

Quote from: Shujinco on January 27, 2008, 10:08:57 PM

MEANWHILE, look at wings!

Couple of unknowns and Sr. Paul McCartney. Now THAT was a good band!

Of course Wings is good. I wouldn't consider Paul's wife and Denny Laine to be "a couple of unknowns" though.

major tom

Hell yes. Asia sucked ass.

All of the best supergroups are never intended to be TEH BEST BAND EVAR. Cream, for example, is probably the best supergroup ever. Eric Clapton, an amazing guitarist, needed a new band when the Yardbirds changed their style. Somehow he ended up with the amazingness of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker.

Jono2

lol, King Crimson kicks ass.

BIG ELECTRIC CAT

BIG ELECTRIC CAT

BIG ELECTRIC CAT

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Kaz

Quote from: Co-Z on January 27, 2008, 10:13:08 PM
Hell yes. Asia sucked ass.

All of the best supergroups are never intended to be TEH BEST BAND EVAR. Cream, for example, is probably the best supergroup ever. Eric Clapton, an amazing guitarist, needed a new band when the Yardbirds changed their style. Somehow he ended up with the amazingness of Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker.

Indeed, Cream is an excellent example of a supergroup done correctly. Other good examples are CSN (and CSNY), Derek and the Dominos, ELP, Journey, Bad Company, and Traveling Wilburys.

Quote from: Jono2 on January 27, 2008, 10:34:17 PM
lol, King Crimson kicks ass.

BIG ELECTRIC CAT

BIG ELECTRIC CAT

BIG ELECTRIC CAT

Hell yes they do. Their debut album is one of my all-time favorites in progressive rock.

major tom

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 27, 2008, 10:43:06 PM
Indeed, Cream is an excellent example of a supergroup done correctly. Other good examples are CSN (and CSNY), Derek and the Dominos, ELP, Journey, Bad Company, and Traveling Wilburys.
And there's three good modern examples of supergroups: Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, and John Mayer Trio.

Kaz

Quote from: Co-Z on January 27, 2008, 10:55:41 PM
And there's three good modern examples of supergroups: Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, and John Mayer Trio.

I don't really like Velvet Revolver or Audioslave much, and I've never listened to JMT.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Co-Z on January 27, 2008, 10:55:41 PM
Ugh, hate all three of them.

MEANWHILE, Journy, EL&P, Bad Company, Cream and Derek and the Dominoes are EPICNESS!

major tom

Quote from: Shujinco on January 27, 2008, 10:58:34 PM
Ugh, hate all three of them.

MEANWHILE, Journy, EL&P, Bad Company, Cream and Derek and the Dominoes are EPICNESS!
They all pz'own. VR and Audioslave are two of the few good hard rock bands left over, and John Mayer Trio = kickass blues.