News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Favorite Album?

Started by Captain Justice, June 06, 2009, 03:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Justice

Pretty simple topic.....whats your favorite album?

Mine is "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica. Everything about it just seems perfect to me. Badass songs like "Ride the Lightning", "Trapped Under Ice", "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "Creeping Death".......a kickass instrumental in "The Call of Ktulu"......and "Fade to Black" is intercourse ing beautiful sounding. The only low points are "Escape" and "Fight Fire With Fire".....but even those are pretty good imo.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

ThePowerOfOne

That's a tougher question than I thought...

I love Confessions on a Dance Floor by Madonna and Blackout by Britney Spears, just because I love every song on the albums and they are really good workout songs. Lady GaGa's The Fame is pretty good too, just because it's so different.

Probably Confessions on a Dance Floor, because "Future Lovers" and "Hung Up" are just so gosh darn awesome.

HTA!

Hm...
I don't usually buy albums because I pick and choose my favorite songs.
However, Ill Communication is pretty bad ass.

That and Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi.
Amazing Album.

Light

Either "A Rush of Blood to the Head" by Coldplay or "Discovery" by Daft Punk. That is, if we're not counting soundtracks or cast recordings... if so, then I may have to rethink this a little bit.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Macawmoses

Easy for me.

TNT by AC/DC

Spectacular tracks on it. I'm also talking the Aussie release. And not the remastered.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: HTA on June 06, 2009, 07:17:04 PM
Hm...
I don't usually buy albums because I pick and choose my favorite songs.
That's what I usually do too, it's kinda rare for me to like EVERY track on an album.

Zero

Morningrise by Opeth

Nothing bad about this album, at all.

Matt

It was a close tie between five different albums but one came out on top... I shall list the five.

1. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" ~ The Beatles (No explanation needed, and if you feel there needs to be, you haven't heard the album)
2. "Help!" ~ The Beatles (Great tracks, there wasn't a single track I didn't like)
3. "Beatles For Sale" ~ The Beatles (Great tracks as well, but some lack compared to most)
4. "A Hard Day's Night" ~ The Beatles ( ^_^ )
5. "Revolver" ~ The Beatles (<3)

Zovistograt

Surprisingly, my favorite album is NOT electronic.  Yeah.

"Frances the Mute" by The Mars Volta.

This album is exactly what an album should be: a continuous trip for almost 80 minutes with clearly different songs but a flow that should feel like the whole thing is a larger song.  FtM does that: it tells a story, using near-ambience for between-tracks and is not afraid to step outside the normal boundaries of what an album should be.  Five tracks, 76 minutes.  And if you include the actual song "Frances the Mute", it's six tracks and 95 minutes.  Pretty much a movie by itself.  That's what FtM is: an audio equivalent to a really, really, really awesome movie.  it just transports you into this convoluted world of Frances and L'Via and Cygnus and Miranda...the rise and fall of each...etc...overall, definitely the best TMV album by far and the best album I've heard, which is the point of this thread.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Mystic

Dangerous - Michael Jackson

Forever the best album ever. "Who Is It" is the best song ever written. "Dangerous" is a kick ass song and the spoken word parts are brilliant. "She Drives Me Wild"...How can you not lone a song whose instrumentation is all sounds from a car? Every song rocks for some reason. Michael and Teddy did a badass job on this. There's a reason it sold faster than Thriller in the beginning.

Other badass albums:
HIStory - Michael Jackson
Invincible - Michael Jackson
Rhythm Nation 1814 - Janet Jackson
Discipline - Janet Jackson

I'm rather loving Just Go from Lionel Richie lately...

Ron

Chuck - Sum 41

Albums speaks to me.

Click me ^

Silly_Penguin

It's hard to pick just one favorite album. So it's kinda a tie between these:

OK Computer - Radiohead
Hail to the Thief - Radiohead
Absolution - Muse
De-Loused in the Comatorium - The Mars Volta

Level_9_Chao

Everything Goes Numb by Streetlight Manifesto, or Keasbey Nights by Catch 22. Essentially the same bands but the former is the more evolved version.

Pretty much any fan agrees they're completely filler-less and generally kickass. These albums were and still are my life, and have been for several years.

Runners-Up include Rise or Die Trying by Four Year Strong, and any of Fall Out Boy's first 4 albums for essentially the same reasons as above.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Tsumaru

In Silico by Pendulum

or

21st Century Breakdown by Green Day (I know, I know.)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Tsumaru on June 15, 2009, 10:31:51 PM
In Silico by Pendulum
Agh, I still have to listen to that, thanks for reminding me >_<
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)