News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

What do you think of Spongebob Squarepants (the show)?

Started by RX-78-2, September 04, 2009, 05:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Spongebob Squarepants (the show)?

Clever, funny, entertaining, etc.
6 (40%)
Stupid, childish, somehow offensive, etc.
0 (0%)
Gay... in the bad way (as in F-A... you get the idea)
2 (13.3%)
A little of everything
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Captain Justice

Quote from: Mystic on September 07, 2009, 09:43:42 PM
The show has sucked from the beginning. It bothers me that water in a bathtub is easily identified when surrounded BY FUCKING WATER. Why doesn't it blend in with the water the intercourse ing city is filled with?
because its a cartoon. And its not actually water, its "goo". The same poop thats in Goo Lagoon.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

NiMa74

You forgot the answer that everyone probably has now.

For me, the turning point of Spongebob, and actually almost every other cartoon, was the movie. Everything changed for some reason after that movie. Spongebob was a genius show at the time, and all other awesome cartoons at the time were thriving. Around that time, people started making pathetic attempts at cartoons, and nowadays a good cartoon is pretty hard to find. Sure, it may be a matter of opinion, but I have seen recent cartoons that I could enjoy, no matter how childish they might be. And Spongebob got the worst of this quality deterioration, IMO. Spongebob went from a naive guy who loves his job to a completely crazy and immature excuse for an adult, who has gotten much dumber. Patrick has gone from a lovable and slightly below average in intelligence starfish that we all know and love...to basically flat out retarded. Plankton went from competent and an actual threat to the Krusty Krab to well...the most annoying nuisance ever.

But I still have respect for the show, as I have basically made it a point in my mind that the movie is the series finale, and I just pretend nothing after that exists. It makes everything all better. I still watch clips from old episodes, and I must say that I love the show as it was. But in reality, it has definitely gone too far than it should have, and I think they should just end it next chance they get.

In regards to the movie, I thought it was okay. It had its funny bits, and I think it would have been a more than fitting ending. It just seemed a little too stupid though sometimes.

SkyMyl

I loved everything from the first three seasons, the movie was good, Season 4 was bearable, and it was all downhill from there.

Everything Spongebob is now? Crap. Literally, it's degenerated into crap. Nothing is redeeming about it now. The humor back then was clever. The humor now? It's a bunch of cheap kiddy jokes that don't work. Running gags are overused, there are longer than necessary sequences (Three per episode), and it's a lot grosser than it used to be. It's like every other cartoon on TV now: a waste of your time and brain cells. The only good episodes past Season 4 are the ones where Mr. Krabs decides to replace the Krusty Krab with a hotel, and where Spongebob is forced to go on vacation.

Also, why is Spongebob gay now?

jnfs2014

He's always been gay. He just decided to express his feelings after the show went downhill.

JrDude

Besides the people who never liked SpongeBob, am I the only one who thought the movie was awful?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Captain Justice

No. Like I said early the movie had some funny jokes, but the rest was pretty bad
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mystic on September 07, 2009, 09:43:42 PM
The show has sucked from the beginning. It bothers me that water in a bathtub is easily identified when surrounded BY FUCKING WATER. Why doesn't it blend in with the water the intercourse ing city is filled with?
The reason is called (the viewers') "willing suspension of disbelief". I'm assuming you know what this means. If not, just read the words carefully. I could explain it if you like. This is also the same reason why fire is allowed underwater (in some episodes).
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

jnfs2014

"Wait, how do we have a fire underwater?" *fire burns out*

RX-78-2

Quote from: Beans on September 08, 2009, 03:06:35 PM
Plankton went from competent and an actual threat to the Krusty Krab to well...the most annoying nuisance ever.
Personally, I think it's the other way around. At first Plankton was easily defeated no matter what happened. But I think--in a an effort to keep putting out "fresh" content--that the writers have tried to coming up with cleverer plans for him and making Spongebob and Mr. Krabs not as able to stop him. Consider the movie, in which Plankton's plan nearly worked, as well as the episode when Plankton makes a coliseum, or when he drills underground. There are a few others too, but I think you get my point. I do agree with your point on Patrick though. I still think his personality remains the same though. It's just that his lines could usually be written better, which affects how he portrayed.

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 09, 2009, 07:17:56 PM
Also, why is Spongebob gay now?
QuoteCreator of the character, Stephen Hillenburg, had previously denied that SpongeBob was gay in 2002 when SpongeBob's popularity with gay men grew. He clarified that he considers the character to be "almost asexual".
Found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spongebob
Spongebob has never been homosexual, nor will he ever be if left to the creativity of the show's current cast and crew.

JrDude

Mystic, it's a cartoon.

In many cartoons, people go into space and get to the other planets within minutes, which is illogical. Another thing about that is they rarely ever need space helmets.

Also, they often needed to shower and stuff, and they couldn't think of a way to make it look like they're taking a bath that little kids would understand without there being water.
There are also some times where the water isn't really there, the only time I can think of is the episode where Spongebob is told to go on dry land, and Mr. Krabs gives him an empty glass, which Spongebob drinks out of (nothing is actually in the glass, but he is basically drinking water).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mystic

Quote from: Phaze on September 08, 2009, 01:08:36 PM

BULLSHIT

Also, JrDude. I know it's a cartoon. But it just looking intercourse ing stupid. I don't have a problem with being unrealistic. I have a problem with it being stupid.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mystic on September 13, 2009, 11:21:44 AM
BULLSHIT

Also, JrDude. I know it's a cartoon. But it just looking intercourse ing stupid. I don't have a problem with being unrealistic. I have a problem with it being stupid.
You think it's stupid, and that's your opinion, which you are entitled to and which is valued and wanted in this thread. But does it really take away that much from the show? I've often thought about your "water problem", but it really doesn't matter to me. I just "take it as it is", just like how the show Arthur yes I watch it has anthropomorphic humanoids and normal animals, just as Camp Lazlo does. I still enjoy the shows though, because I willingly suspend my disbelief (still haven't looked it up? Do it).

Mystic

Quote from: Still TerribleFrog on September 14, 2009, 06:23:35 PM
You think it's stupid, and that's your opinion, which you are entitled to and which is valued and wanted in this thread. But does it really take away that much from the show? I've often thought about your "water problem", but it really doesn't matter to me. I just "take it as it is", just like how the show Arthur yes I watch it has anthropomorphic humanoids and normal animals, just as Camp Lazlo does. I still enjoy the shows though, because I willingly suspend my disbelief (still haven't looked it up? Do it).
I never said it took much away from the show. I said it was stupid. That's it.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mystic on September 15, 2009, 04:23:39 PM
I never said it took much away from the show. I said it was stupid. That's it.
Okay, I get your drift.