News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 26, 2012, 07:24:08 PM
In addition, regarding "Fire Emblem Kakusei" (Japanese title), which was released last week in Japan, its initial sales figure reached the record-high in the series since the GameBoy Advance and we have received a lot of messages from the Club Nintendo members that they bought a game from the series after a long interval. Although we have not decided on a plan to release it overseas, we hope to further increase its sales.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120427/03.html

Ok, so it's still somewhat open. I still don't get why they wouldn't. If the franchise had record sales for a franchise, surely the smart move is to NOT release it outside of Japan! Only Nintendo would do something like that. Ugh.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on April 26, 2012, 07:25:26 PM
If not that, what DOES it mean?

It means that tech gets cheaper to make as time passes and it sells more.

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2012, 07:27:08 PM
Ok, so it's still somewhat open. I still don't get why they wouldn't. If the franchise had record sales for a franchise, surely the smart move is to NOT release it outside of Japan! Only Nintendo would do something like that. Ugh.

Namco-Bandai would do that too.

Nayrman

Well, yeah. I suppose Namco would.

They continue to whine about how the 3DS isn't selling, but if they don't release this over here, they really have no one to blame than themselves if they're perfectly content to only release wave after wave of Mario stuff and oversaturate their own market, giving consumers only one option of game or so.

Hopefully E3 will announce that for here, but yeesh. If it's getting the point I have to worry if a game is even going to make it over here, I think there are bigger problems at work.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2012, 07:31:29 PM
Well, yeah. I suppose Namco would.

They continue to whine about how the 3DS isn't selling, but if they don't release this over here, they really have no one to blame than themselves if they're perfectly content to only release wave after wave of Mario stuff and oversaturate their own market, giving consumers only one option of game or so.

Hopefully E3 will announce that for here, but yeesh. If it's getting the point I have to worry if a game is even going to make it over here, I think there are bigger problems at work.

The thing is that they also promised that E3 would show an increase in software output in the west. Not that they have a choice; they feel that 3DS should be selling 6x as well as it is now in the US. lol. (I'm assuming that was mistranslated.)

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 26, 2012, 07:37:33 PM
The thing is that they also promised that E3 would show an increase in software output in the west. Not that they have a choice; they feel that 3DS should be selling 6x as well as it is now in the US. lol. (I'm assuming that was mistranslated.)

You're right in that they really don't have a choice. What I'm worried is that this "software output" will just be a spam of Mario sports/shovelware to try and get the casuals back into buying the 3DS, and keep all the other games in Japan because they don't want to go through the effort. Either that or release only Mario rehashes over and over again and not try at all...

X-3

Isn't Awakening coming to the EU though? Are we going to see another Xenoblade situation?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2012, 06:47:27 PM
Where did you read that? I still prefer physical copies, but we'll see if I even get this game... for a variety of reasons.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/26/nintendo-will-let-retailers-set-their-own-prices-for-downloadable-3ds-games/

You've got three options to buy a game:

1) Buy the hard copy at retail.
2) Buy the digital download through the eShop.
3) ...OR buy a download code through retail.

The last one sounds weird, but Siliconera summed it up.

If you're asking yourself why it's being made possible to buy download games from retail stores, Nintendo say it's being done in order to make downloadable games available to 3DS owners without credit cards, as well as to users who don't feel comfortable inputting their credit card numbers. They also feel that allowing people to buy downloadable software at stores will help lower the psychological barrier against it.

Finally, Nintendo believe that allowing for downloadable games at retailers will also help increase exposure of digital download products on the whole, and help increase a product's lifespan without a retailer needing to reserve shelf space for it.

Brilliant, I'd say.

Hero_of_Darkness

Fire Emblem has Week 3 DLC that isn't free...

Yep, Nintendo's doing DLC the wrong way, I'm afraid. I guess this is how they expect to earn a profit this year. :/

zephilicious

so you expected them to build a system capable of dlc and use it to give you free poop?
~~ <3

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 27, 2012, 05:04:04 AM
Fire Emblem has Week 3 DLC that isn't free...

Yep, Nintendo's doing DLC the wrong way, I'm afraid. I guess this is how they expect to earn a profit this year. :/

*sighs* Yep, what a surprise, the gaming companies are trying to nickel and dime their way out of losses. What happened to just trying to make good games anymore? Ugh..

I still hope this game makes it over here though, even though I rarely if ever buy DLC because it's overpriced as poop.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on April 27, 2012, 05:49:08 AM
so you expected them to build a system capable of dlc and use it to give you free poop?

No, but I expect the content to come later than 3 weeks after launch and for it to be a good deal, rather than $3 for one character. :/

Kayo

Haven't we been figuring for a while that Ninty would screw us over with DLC?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

so is the character important?

How much would you all pay for a character for a game like Fire Emblem? What about Smash Bros.?

How much is DLC worth to any of you?

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 27, 2012, 05:09:59 PM
so is the character important?

How much would you all pay for a character for a game like Fire Emblem? What about Smash Bros.?

How much is DLC worth to any of you?
Usually the only DLC I ever do is extra tracks on Guitar Hero/Rock Band, if it's a song I really like and could see as being fun playing

For some reason no other DLC has ever seemed worth it to me.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

I purchased ESIV: Oblivion's expansions as DLC, Halo 2 maps, Halo 3 maps, Borderlands DLC,  Blazblue Continium Shift's character DLC, and that's pretty much it.

3 dollars seems a bit much for just a character, but is that all this content offers or is there more to it than just a character?