News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

RP Launch pad thread!

Started by NJNETSFAN15, September 29, 2007, 01:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on April 07, 2008, 04:34:58 PM
To me, it would depend on what the sequel's story is going to be like.
Well, it'll be something like this--

[ROUGH DRAFT STORY LINE]

On the planet Vulcum, there was a sinister group set out on destroying the world. They were named the Dead Men. There were also special gems that had powers beyond one?s imagination. These gems were the key to the Dead Men?s plan. But, as in all tales, a group of heroes formed to stop them. These heroes traveled long and hard throughout the Continent of Scalander in hopes of retrieving the gems first. The Dead Men and the heroes confronted each other face to face, and a battle ensued. The Dead Men were conquered. The gems were brought into the capable hands of the heroes, who set out to destroy the powerful gems and make the balance of the worlds right.

Balance is Key.

On the planet Vulcum, there was a continent called Elementia. Each land was home to it?s own element. One would think these lands would be as blood thirsty for power as the Scalander people were, but that is incorrect. Elementia had four lands: Drop Islands, Rock Land, Under Isle, and Spark Island. The islands of Drop conquered Under Isle, who conquered Rock Land, who conquered Spark Island, who conquered Drop Islands. Each land was better then one, worse then another, and balanced with the third. The scale proved to be equally weighed, so the lands had no problems getting along.

But, as we have learned through the chords of time, a balanced scale only stays balanced for so long..

The people of the lands began moving to different areas and finding love with people of a different element. When they had their children, the kids would be of mixed elemental race. Knowing how to use two separate elements caused a riot between lands, and people feared how powerful this new generation could become. It was evident a stand needed to be taken when a child knowing of all four elements was created. The child was left on a boat on the Dead Seas to die... Or so they thought.

Balance is Key.

50 years later...

Revenge is sought out in many tales of good versus evil. One man wanted revenge on Elementia, for the cruelty he was given for being born with the knowledge of how to use all four elements. Silently, he recruited others with evil minds to form his own legion. The world would pay for what they did to him.

Light

Heh, so we're assuming the rest of the Dead Men get defeated? XD Good story outline. I like it.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Joeofmars

"Ooooh! I really like it!" Said Joeofmars >_>

Joeofmars

"My name is Robert Neville, I am a survivor living in New York. If you are out there, you are not alone. I can provide food, I can provide shelter. If anyone is out there... please. You are not alone."

It was a random radio broadcast that seemed like a message from god. Continuing listening to the message, you find out the exact location and time of where the man said he would wait. You need to make it to that location, for you are running low on supplies. You need to make it to New York.

This is just a rough outline, would anyone join something like this?

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Joeofmars on April 11, 2008, 05:40:14 PM
"My name is Robert Neville, I am a survivor living in New York. If you are out there, you are not alone. I can provide food, I can provide shelter. If anyone is out there... please. You are not alone."

It was a random radio broadcast that seemed like a message from god. Continuing listening to the message, you find out the exact location and time of where the man said he would wait. You need to make it to that location, for you are running low on supplies. You need to make it to New York.

This is just a rough outline, would anyone join something like this?

I'd join. Interesting premise. Get to New York then kill the Infected...

THEBIRD

Sure I would join that. It shouldn't be based too much on the movie, though. That would give spoilers to those who haven't seen it and it would be too predictable to those who have.

Sgt.Chilly

Ok so I've been working on this idea for an RP called 'In the Land of Monsters'.

The setup should be simple enough. Extra dimensional doorways have been forming throughout numerous worlds leaking monsters, demons, and the undead into worlds they don't belong.  Mana (the natural energy that flows through the Land of Monsters) is also pouring out into these other worlds causing radical changes in their environments.

This situation would of course encourage Heroes to travel to the Land of Monsters to try and stop whatever is causing this. Other people may find the Land of Monsters a valuable tool in their own plans.

Introduce your Character in the following manner:

Name:
Race:
[Choose from: Human, Balthin (a.k.a. Anthropomorphic), Monster, Android, or Demon]
Origin:
[Choose from: Sinnoh, Hyrule, Mobius, Mushroom Kingdom, etc.]
Appearance:
Weapon(s)/Pokemon:
Bio:

I'll also need someone to take the lead antagonist role. PM me about it if your interested.

THEBIRD

I've got two RP ideas, both fully written up and almost ready to post O.o. But, I definitely need some feedback before finetuning them and posting them. And I won't post them until at least one of my other RP's are done >.>;;.

The first one is called Creatures of Habit and is set in 5000 AD where humanity as we know it is gone, and in place are two tribes, the Creatures and the Humanes. After an apocolypse in 4000 AD, food has been scarce, schools have been burned down, and no where is safe. Eventually half of the population left, known as the Creatures, began eating other humans. While the Humanes, who considered themselves more noble and with better decorum, are living the best they can in fear of the Creatures, and trying to restore the Earth to what it once was. The problem is, they no longer can tell right from wrong.

The second is a tentative title, Castle Siege, and is all back in Medieval times with Castles, knights, kings, and wars. There are four Castles ruling one land known as Darsmith. North Castle, East Castle, West Castle, and South Castle. They are all rivals, and you get to choose what side you are on. You can be part of one of the four castles, or be part a loner. The point is to have your team destroy the other Castles and be the last one standing, or as a loner, become rich of the Castles gold through stealing and trickery.

Those are quick summaries of the two. Do either of them sound good, and any points I can improve on? Of course, I have a lot more written out for both of them, so if you need more detail, I can show you the finished copy.

Light

I like both of those ideas, though I'd prefer you wait until DMDTS is over to post one of them.

THEBIRD

As I stated, I'm waiting until one of my RP ends to post one, then when the other completes I'll post the next one as well. And thanks for the comment, but is there one you prefer over the other?

Light

lol, must have missed that. XD Anyway, I'm currently thinking of making an RP based off of the Broadway Musical/Movie RENT, but I'm not sure who'd be interested in it, or if anyone had ever heard of it.

Max Headroom

Quote from: LightningSword on May 10, 2008, 03:01:12 PM
lol, must have missed that. XD Anyway, I'm currently thinking of making an RP based off of the Broadway Musical/Movie RENT, but I'm not sure who'd be interested in it, or if anyone had ever heard of it.
I've heard of it, but I haven't exactly heard it.
[move][/move]

Light

It's a very controversial movie, but I loved it. I also saw it on tour when it came to San Francisco. I love it that much. =D

Max Headroom

Quote from: LightningSword on May 10, 2008, 03:06:06 PM
It's a very controversial movie, but I loved it. I also saw it on tour when it came to San Francisco. I love it that much. =D
Movie? Why was I not informed?
[move][/move]

Light

Quote from: I_AM_A_PERSON on May 10, 2008, 03:08:35 PM
Quote from: LightningSword on May 10, 2008, 03:06:06 PM
Movie? Why was I not informed?
Not informed of the movie? It came out several years ago: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0294870/?c=1