News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The 4th Gen Nintendo TCG

Started by THEBIRD, April 25, 2008, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

The Fourth Generation Nintendo Trading Card Game
This game was brought to you by: Birdie of Aces AKA THEBIRD16

Hey guys, you may or may not remember this game. I actually made it again here after Oldsiders closed down. But I wasn't able to mantain the thread. You might be thinking it unnecessary for me to create a whole new topic for this 4th generation TGC, but I find that it is. This new game features different card templates which brings a whole new way to play.

Above is a Character card. If you read on you can learn what all that "clutter" on this particular type of card means.

Above is an Item card. If you read on you can learn what all that "clutter" on this particular type of card means. The hilarious thing is I re-wrote that out instead of copying the one right above it XD.

To Join
- To join, just PM me asking about this TGC.
- You will be given 3 Character cards and 2 Item cards as a starter deck. Use them wisely.
- In addition, you will be given 100 starting Coins. Read further to find out what Coins are and what they do.

The Types of Cards
- There are two types of cards in this game. Character cards and Item cards.
Character cards are the cards you will be using to fight. They feature characters like Mario, Link, DK and other guys from the Nintendo franchise. The 'A' on the Character card represents ATTACK. The 'D' on the Character card represents 'DEFENSE'. The Attack power must be greater than the Defense power of your opponent's Character card for you to be able to 'kill' it. Once you've 'killed' a card, they cannot come back.
Item cards are the other type. These are items from different franchises that can be used in many different ways. Some examples are to add Attack, add Defense, destroy another card, bring back another card, and more. The Icon in the background of the Item card featured above is a Mushroom emblem, which represents the Mario franchise. This means that that particular Item card can only be used on Character cards from the Mario series. If the Item card can be used on any Character card, there will be no emblem in the corner.

How to Play
- If your Attack is at 6 (random choice of number), while your opponent's Defense is at 6 (duplicating first number choice), you can still 'kill' the Character card while taking 1 recoil damage on your own Defense.
- If your Attack is at 7 (random choice of number), while your opponent's Defense is at 6 or below (just choosing all numbers below first random number choice), you can 'kill' them without taking any damage in return.
- If your Attack is at 4 (random choice of number), while your opponent's Defense is at 6 (random choice of number), you cannot kill them. If their Attack is the same or higher than your Defense, they can kill you. Keep in mind that if theirs is the same, they will take 1 recoil damage to their Defense.

Using those same numbers above (4 against 6), let's try a different strategy to winning:
- Okay, so you have less Attack than their Defense, but if your Attack is stronger than your Attack, you can still do some damage! Let's say their Attack is only 2. Take the difference between the two Attack numbers (4-2= 2) and that number will be subtracted from your opponent's Defense. Now it's your Attack of 4 against their Defense of 4! You can now 'kill' them, taking 1 point of damage to your Defense.

Pretty simple to understand. If your Attack is the same or higher then your opponent's Defense, you can 'kill' them. If it is the same, you will take a recoil hit of 1 point to your Defense. If your Attack is stronger than your opponent's, but their Defense is too high, you can still attack them to try and lower their Defense so you can strike and win!

Play Format
1. You can play a Character card.
2. You can play an Item card (You may choose to wait until Play 4 to play an Item card).
3. You can use a Character card on your opponent. Each Character card on the field (no more than 5) may be used once per turn.
4. You can play an Item card (If you didn't play an Item card during Play 2, you may play one now).
5. End Turn.
- This is not 5 different turns, this is all one turn. This is just the order you do it in.
- You may skip any of these steps.
- This 5 Step Format is called a 'Play'. A fully completed Play is called a Turn. So, let's say you finish your Play, that's 1 Turn. Then your oppnent finishes his/her Play, that's a 2nd Turn. Some Item cards may only be used for a certain amount of Turns, so keeping track is important.

How to Win
- You can set your own criteria, but the standard option is a 3 Kill battle. This means that the first person to 'kill' 3 of their opponent's Character cards, wins.
- Once again, you and your opponent can decide on a different match. Different versions can include: Different number of 'kills', certain Item cards not being allowed in play, certain Character cards not being allowed in play, and more.

AFTER A MATCH, ONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE MATCH MUST PM ME, BIRDIE OF ACES, THE OUTCOME.

Why you Need Coins
- Coins can be used to purchase new cards from the shop.
- They can be used to bet on matches (see below).
- They can be used to buy cards off of other members.
ETC.

Betting
- Anyone can bet coins on a match (just coins, nothing else). The persons playing, the bystanders, anyone.
- If you bet coins  on a match, it goes in the pot.
- If you lose the bet, you lose the coins that you bet.
- If you win the bet, you win all the coins.
- If you win the bet with other people, the pot is split.

AFTER WINNING OR LOSING A BET, YOU MUST PM ME, BIRDIE OF ACES, THE AMOUNT OF COINS YOU LOST OR WON.

The Card Shop
- In one of my posts below will be the Card Shop. There you can buy or sell cards. More info will be given in the Card Shop post.
If anyone would like to open their own shop, PM me, Birdie of Aces, for more information on this, and permission.

Tournaments
- There isn't much you need to know right here about Tournaments. Just know that in one of my posts below, Tournament info will be given out when a Tournament starts up. Money can be won, cards can be won, glory can be won. More info will be given in the Tournament Post. I'm just giving you a heads up here that they will be happening.
If anyone would like to create an unofficial Tournament, they must PM me, Birdie of Aces, for permission.

Addition Rules and Information
[ Things I forgot or need to add later will be put here. Or, if important enough, I'll add a whole new space for them above this one. ]

FAQ's
[ The answers to Frequently Asked Questions will be put here. ]

THEBIRD

Channel TCG News presents...

4/26/08- A bunch of new cards. I tried to make a good amount of Item cards to catch up with the longer list of Character cards. This new Card template I have makes it a lot easier to make cards, so I hope I can at least make 5 a week. The Card Shop will be put up soon, so expect it sometime next week.

THEBIRD

Players' List
LightningSword- 100 Coins (W: 0 L: 0)
JNeedForSpeed2014- 100 Coins (W: 0 L: 0)

Players' Cards List
LightningSword
Deku Link
ZSS
Togepi
Bunny Hood
Pokeball

JNeedForSpeed2014
Ike
Slippy
Deku Link
Bunny Hood
Cloaking Device

THEBIRD

Starter Deck Cards

All Character Cards

All Item Cards

THEBIRD

THEBIRD

THEBIRD

THEBIRD

Sorry for all the edits, but depending on how this takes off, I may need all of them. I knew for a fact I'd need 5 edits, the others are depending on popularity. You may now post.

Light

Hey, Birdie, want to duel?

Also, two quick question: say someone has 4 Attack and 3 Defense points. He attacks a person with 2 Attack and 4 Defense points. The victim now has the same attack, but only 2 Defense points. Question one: would the victim be able to attack back? Question two: should the attacker's points change at all?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

THEBIRD

Quote from: LightningSword on April 25, 2008, 05:39:44 PM
Hey, Birdie, want to duel?

Also, two quick question: say someone has 4 Attack and 3 Defense points. He attacks a person with 2 Attack and 4 Defense points. The victim now has the same attack, but only 2 Defense points. Question one: would the victim be able to attack back? Question two: should the attacker's points change at all?
To answer your questions-- Unless the Attacker had another card that could beat that 2/2 card, it would then be the victims turn. Then, he could use whatever strategy in his power to fight back. If you mean with the same card, then no because all of his points are weaker then the Attacker.

2- As of now, no. If, after some duels here go awry, it needs to be changed, I will.

And sure, I'll duel you. 3 Kill battle? And remember, I changed the betting so you CAN lose coins this time around.

Light

Ok, I won't bet any coins, though. =P It's nearly impossible to defeat the creator, since he can use any legal card. You can go first.

THEBIRD

I'm about as new to this version as you, but true about the card thing. That's why I'm more of a practice battle then anything else.

Alright, here we go--

I play Slippy and end my turn.

Light

I play ZSS with Bunny Hood, kill Slippy, and end my turn.

1-0.

G2G, can we finish this later?

THEBIRD

Perfect timing, actually XD.

And, there's a new rule I've got that prevents you from doing that. See, there's a LoZ emblem in the background of that Bunny Hood, meaning it can only be used with LoZ Character cards. This makes it a little more fair with people who over power with Item cards. And makes the game more strategizing then whatever it was before.

Light

That would have been a lot mre helpful beforehand. ;__;

Okay, change of plans; I play Deku Link with Bunny Hood and kill Slippy.

1-0