News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Final Smash Guide: Your guide to Final Smashes! (Official) *Spoilers*

Started by SkyMyl, March 29, 2008, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

[Banner needed. Contact if you can make one.]

Welcome to the (Official) Final Smash Thread! I'm MasterYoungLink, here to tell you about all the Final Smashes. Just be warned: This thread contains spoilers. But before you hit that back button, I'm going to separate this. How so? One half will be standard characters, those who are already unlocked, and the next half are secret characters (But the second half is blocked by spoilers, so don't worry. If you are scared of spoiling characters you don't have, I'll do the second half in Alphabetical order. Just remember the letter basics.). Here is how the description will go:

Name: The name of the character.
FS Name: Name of the Final Smash.
Final Smash: Describes what the FS looks like and what it does. Just a brief rundown.
Description: How the FS is used, the effects it has, and more.
Pros: This describes the good effects-if any-about the Final Smash.
Cons: This describes the bad effects-if any-about the Final Smash.
MYL's thoughts: This is my thought on the Final Smash.

Eh? What's that you say? You don't know what a Final Smash is? (Well, just in case you don't know...) It's a powerful attack that can only be activated by a Smash Ball. By hitting a Smash Ball until it breaks, you can obtain an eerie glow around your character. Press the Special Move Button to then activate it. Final Smashes differ between each character, so use them effectively.

Now, if you don't know the Final Smashes, my descriptions fail, or you don't get it without a visual description, then here are some FS videos. Be warned, as they contain spoilers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q (Final Smashes)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V-5CIZYzL9s&feature=related (Final Smashes in normal fights)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TpLIMqOeNZE (Final Smashes?with 3 dummies.)

This post will be edited occasionally, and the next 2 posts will be Final Smashes. Enjoy, but remember the basic rules:

• No spamming
  • No flaming
Remember these, and we're good.

Note: If you don't want to trudge through character spoilers but want to see a good description for a Final Smash, then drop me a PM. I'll send you the same description, but for that character you want only.

Status of Thread: Oh noez! Mack is editing my thread!

SkyMyl

Mario: Unless you've been in a coma for 25 years, you don't need an intro.
FS Name: Mario Finale
Final Smash: The camera zooms in on him, and Mario spreads his arms out. The camera goes back to normal, and he shoots out two "MASSIVE" fireballs, engulfing the stage.

Description: Well, the Final Smash said it all there. That is how it goes. Mario shoots out two massive Fireballs, which don't always engulf the stage. If you're on a stage such as New Pork City or Hyrule Temple, this attack will have little effect. On Final Destination, for example, this attack hits everyone on the platform. There are some characters who can dodge the attack, so beware. Another thing is that, after Mario shoots out the Fireballs, the attack has a tiny bit of kickback. It's not large, but it's interesting to note. Another thing to note is that after the attack, small flames are left over on the platform. Lastly, the attack deals around low damage, depending on how long you're trapped in it and how close you were to Mario. Use it when you're 1 on 1, and you and your opponent are on the edge of the stage. It could push them off of the stage.

Pros: It's fast, it can push foes off of the stage boundaries, and the radius is large.
Cons: It can be jumped over by certain characters, it doesn't deal a lot of damage, and it leaves Mario vulnerable from his back for period of time.

MYL's thoughts: Ummm...how many episodes of Dragon Ball Z did Sakurai watch? This move reeks of DBZ! In fact, the trophy description also gives the best description for it. Well, the attack could've been more powerful, but I would consider this a bit of a diversion or an edge guarding move. Looks great, but it's kinda weak.

Donkey Kong: Mario's rival. Been around since...Donkey Kong! But the DK in that game was this DK's Grandfather. I don't play much of Donkey Kong, so I cannot give a great intro to him.
FS Name: Konga Beat
Final Smash: He pulls out two Bongos and starts hitting them on his own accord. There is a small sound wave coming out of the bongos. Those damage players. If you press the A button when Donkey Kong hits the bongo, then the sound wave become bigger and damages more. The more you press A at the right time, the better the result!

Description: I'm sorry, but this Final Smash sucks. It just does. The timing has to be just right, and if you're too far when you activate it, it doesn't deal good damage. However, if you activate it when you're just on top of your opponent, you can trap them inside it. If you do let his FS roll in that pattern, then you can rack up good damage (70-80!!!). But it's still not good. It lacks flair, creativity, and effectiveness. I'm sorry, but this just can't get a decent description. They could've done more. If you screw up once on the beat, then you can't get the massive sound wave.

Pros: If you trap enemies inside it, then it deals good damage.
Cons: It's weak, hard to time right, and it lacks creativity.

MYL's thoughts: Nintendo has great Final Smashes, and terrible ones. This is the worst. I haven't seen someone use this effectively! Not once. Given more time, they could have worked on it and made it much better. In fact, the should've scrapped this idea and gone with something else. But...sorry if this portion of FS was just ranting. I can't work with this Final Smash properly.

Link: The hero of Hyrule. Link looks different in almost every game, and he often uses the Master Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, to defeat the Dark Lord Ganondorf.
FS Name: Triforce Slash (Catchy name.).
Final Smash: Link holds out his left hand and a gold line appears from it. If anyone is within reach of that line, he dashes towards them and begins furiously slashing at them while they are trapped in between two Triforces a number of times, then stops for a second or two...then deals the last blow and sends his opponents flying.

Description: This Final Smash is good for dealing damage, and knocks your opponent forward. Simple, right? Well, for starters, that Gold Line that comes fromk Link's hand is the range of the attack. If anyone is in the line at all...even a foot, Link dashes towards them and begins slashing. The range is half the size of Final Destination. Link racks up damage fast with it too. But if you use it too frequently (Picking up the Smash Ball.), then it starts to weaken. The slashes will deal less damage, along with the final blow. Link first deals about 80 damage with this FS (From 0%), then it weakens down to 60% if you use it too much.
Pros: Fast, powerful at first, you're invincible during the attack, it's flashy, and you can trap someone else in it if you're lucky.
Cons: Weakens over time, and you need a clear target.

MYL's thoughts: This attack is really flashy and powerful. One of my personal favorites. But at the moment of this writing, I just discovered the damage factor of this FS here. It's great, use it when an opponent's cornered at the edge, but it's really best used when you're opponent is his 40s (No, not the age!). Then you should get a quick kill. But if it's someone heavy, then you might have difficulty at that damage.

SkyMyl

Macawmoses

We have a huge character limit, you don't need more than this. If for some reason you do, I will gladly edit others posts.

SkyMyl

Quote from: mackormoses on March 29, 2008, 01:12:49 PM
We have a huge character limit, you don't need more than this. If for some reason you do, I will gladly edit others posts.
Something tells me...you might have to edit others post.

SkyMyl