News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Iwata: An autumn or year-end launch would probably be too late.

Started by WiiGuy, November 15, 2008, 02:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiGuy

we might see the DSi in the US a little earlyer than expected...
Nintendo World Report

Nintendo's DSi may have just arrived on store shelves in Japan, but the handheld game player has yet to release in overseas markets. However, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata recently offered hope that availability would come sooner rather than later.

"An autumn or year-end [2009] launch would probably be too late," said Iwata at a meeting with analysts and investors last Friday. When it was unveiled earlier last month, the DSi had only been vaguely described as releasing "well into" 2009. However, while Iwata's statements provided some hope, he declined to give further details, saying that "specific plans will be unveiled by our local subsidiaries."

While this sheds a little more light on the American prospects for the device, Europe is already expecting the device to arrive sooner than that. Shortly after the DSi was unveiled, a spokesman for Nintendo of Europe said they had plans to launch the DSi in spring 2009 for the European market.

Nayrman

Iwata was right when he said it'd be too late. At that point no one over here would care or will be expecting a new full on real system (DS2, etc.) to be released in the near future.

Even then, I'm not going to get one. I'm still happy with my brick DS. Plays fine and does everything I want it to do. I don't buy more systems unless one of them breaks. 0_0

Tupin

Yeah, it would be too late.

Sorry Nintendo, I'm saving up for a Sega Vision.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.