News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Could I get some help here?

Started by Avion-Finch, April 24, 2008, 08:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avion-Finch

Ok, I got a new router, but, when I try to play brawl I get kicked alot, I dont think its the router itself, I think it just is too far away from my Wii, are there ways to like give it better range?

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Avion-Finch

FruitFlow

That vid would probably help, but Sabby has a wifi router help guide that may assist you in the WiFi boards. It's floated so it shouldn't be too hard to find.  :)
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Avion-Finch

A.) Make sure your Wii is getting at least 3 bars from your router. If not, it is too far away, and your connection will suffer noticably. You can gain more bars by readjusting your router's antennae, moving the router/console closer together. Alternatively, connect through the wired connection add-on through your router or directly to your modem.

This is definately the problem, on my DS, Im lucky to get 2 bars from my room(were my wii is)
Im gonna try this, what I wanna know is how would I adjust the antenae, Im gonna try a V formation and see how that works.

HTA!

Quote from: Avion-Finch on April 24, 2008, 09:09:51 PM
A.) Make sure your Wii is getting at least 3 bars from your router. If not, it is too far away, and your connection will suffer noticably. You can gain more bars by readjusting your router's antennae, moving the router/console closer together. Alternatively, connect through the wired connection add-on through your router or directly to your modem.

This is definately the problem, on my DS, Im lucky to get 2 bars from my room(were my wii is)
Im gonna try this, what I wanna know is how would I adjust the antenae, Im gonna try a V formation and see how that works.
You should never try to make the signal pass through more than 1 wall or floor if at all possible.

But try the re-adjustment.