News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Pok?mon Game Idea (Kinda Mentioned Before)

Started by JrDude, July 04, 2008, 04:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

A thread like this has been posted many times, so here's another.

They should make a Pok?mon game with all 4 (or 5) regions. But not for DS/GBA, for the Wii, but it would still have D/P graphics, so there'd be plenty of memory (I think). If this game ever exists (doubt it), I think you should be able to change your look, the look would just be for show (except maybe one/some part/s?). Since you'd be going to all the regions, and facing every gym and Elite 4, you'd get very high, very fast, so maybe the experience could give less than previous games. Unless there's a new 5th region, I think that you should start in Jhoto, because we haven't been able to start with those starters in a while. Also, the starters had to of come from somewhere, right? So I say that the starters could be found in the wild after you do something, either that or they swarm. Of course, there would be day and night based off your Wii clock.
So what do ya think?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

yes, also no trading/events all pokemon would be in it, but pokemon like Darkrai, etc would be very hard to get, also what about Orre and the lands in the two Ranger games

JrDude

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on July 04, 2008, 04:57:13 PM
yes, also no trading/events all pokemon would be in it, but pokemon like Darkrai, etc would be very hard to get, also what about Orre and the lands in the two Ranger games
Maybe, idk. I'm not making it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Orre is boring, there are no Pokemon to catch :P

I think it would be cool, but it should have better graphics. Still 2D, and still in the same bird's-eye view, but just better looking.

thunderhero4

Sounds like a great idea, but what would people think of the handheld games once they did this? They would become less popular. But since they are doing something like this for Wario Land, then I can honestly see it.

But heres a suggestion to keep the DS games selling:

Have this one modified slightly so that you make it compatible with the DS games to get REALLY rare pokemon so that people will want to still buy them! ;)

And make battling full 3D, I have much more excitement in this fashion. Oh, and online will be improved as well. There will be a HUGE gts where you may search for any pokemon and bet pokemon, money, and other things in battles (the D/Cer will lose it :P )

Zies

...It seems like a good idea, but then again, space is really a comfliction...
...Having all of the regions would have a ridiculous size...

...Afterwards there's the Pokemon themselves, alongside the storyline; how will the system work?...
...Also, this:
Quote from: Commissar Torgo on July 04, 2008, 04:57:13 PM
yes, also no trading/events all pokemon would be in it, but pokemon like Darkrai, etc would be very hard to get

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

thunderhero4

Maybe it could be an MMO where you can battle and trade on the fly? That would be the coolest game ever! and Text chat or voice chat would have to be a given

Zies

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 04, 2008, 10:26:34 PM
Maybe it could be an MMO where you can battle and trade on the fly? That would be the coolest game ever! and Text chat or voice chat would have to be a given
...No...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

thunderhero4

Quote from: Zies on July 04, 2008, 10:27:56 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 04, 2008, 10:26:34 PM
...No...
Why not? it would be big enough...

jnfs2014

Quote from: Cornwad on July 04, 2008, 05:32:53 PM

I think it would be cool, but it should have better graphics. Still 2D, and still in the same bird's-eye view, but just better looking.
What about the PKMN Spots in XD?

I think it would be a good idea. I have been slowly working on it for a while.

Cornwad

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on July 05, 2008, 09:55:03 AM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 04, 2008, 05:32:53 PM

I think it would be a good idea. I have been slowly working on it for a while.
I guess its possible then...
I never played XD, Colosseum scared me away  :(

bluaki

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on July 05, 2008, 09:55:03 AM
Worst excuse for 'wild pokemon' ever made.
With the Colosseum/XD game engine, I'm betting they could have easily created random encounters in grass.

At the OP, I've thought of a similar idea before, but a few differences:
Camera and graphics similar to Colosseum/XD in the overworld
Battle system similar to handheld games by default with much clearer sprites (since it's on a 640x480 screen) but the 3D battle system might be enabled in an options menu or whatever
Start in Kanto and go through the regions in order, having some sort of way to obtain one starter from each professor then go back after finishing and obtain the remaining starters

JrDude

@Torgo
The no event pok?mon would have to be, since it's not a handheld. I mean it's not like you could just bring your Wii and TV to ToysRus just to get a special pok?mon.

@Thunder
No for the DS compatible. And maybe for the battling. Though you can trade from D/P/P to the this one. And no at the MMO.

@JNFS
Hell no.

Quote from: bluaki on July 05, 2008, 12:55:58 PM
At the OP, I've thought of a similar idea before, but a few differences:
1. Camera and graphics similar to Colosseum/XD in the overworld
2. Battle system similar to handheld games by default with much clearer sprites (since it's on a 640x480 screen) but the 3D battle system might be enabled in an options menu or whatever
3. Start in Kanto and go through the regions in order, having some sort of way to obtain one starter from each professor then go back after finishing and obtain the remaining starters
1. No, that would use more memory, and I think it's better in birds-eye-view like the handhelds.
2. Yes, that might work.
3. Hmm, never really thought of it like that, if you don't like one of the original starters, you could just change your party with the next starter.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

Quote from: JrDude on July 05, 2008, 02:10:58 PM
@Torgo
The no event pok?mon would have to be, since it's not a handheld. I mean it's not like you could just bring your Wii and TV to ToysRus just to get a special pok?mon.

true, didn't think of that, they could just not put them in