News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

[un]Official HeartGold/SoulSilver Update Thread

Started by Neerb, August 08, 2009, 05:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Quote from: TerribleFrog on August 09, 2009, 07:17:59 PM
You can trade with Pok?mon Diamond, Pok?mon Pearl, and Pok?mon Platinum right? Also, can you migrate from the GBA games?
Considering that you must trade the shiny Pichu from D/P in order to trigger the notched-ear Pichu event and Arceus for the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina egg, trading with those games is definitely allowed at some point.

It's not known yet whether there is any migration from GBA games in HG/SS.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Bluaki on August 10, 2009, 01:11:54 AM
Considering that you must trade the shiny Pichu from D/P...

"... the shiny Pichu..."? Please explain. I must've missed something.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

JrDude

Quote from: I Finally Learned How to Change This on August 11, 2009, 04:32:13 AM
They call it the "Pikachu Colored Pichu," but it's really just a shiny Pichu.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: I Finally Learned How to Change This on August 11, 2009, 04:32:13 AM
An event (only in Japan so far) gives a shiny Pichu which they call a "Pikachu-colored Pichu" even though its coloration isn't at all the same as Pikachu's. Only this event Pichu, no other shiny Pichus (as they won't have the Classic Ribbon), can trigger an in-game event in HG/SS.

RX-78-2

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on August 11, 2009, 04:02:03 PM
They call it the "Pikachu Colored Pichu," but it's really just a shiny Pichu.
Quote from: Bluaki on August 11, 2009, 06:30:05 PM
An event (only in Japan so far) gives a shiny Pichu which they call a "Pikachu-colored Pichu" even though its coloration isn't at all the same as Pikachu's. Only this event Pichu, no other shiny Pichus (as they won't have the Classic Ribbon), can trigger an in-game event in HG/SS.

Okay, thanks guys. I just hope I hear about the download. I just missed the Secret Key :(. But there's still hope for other things :).

Gwen Khan

Quote from: I Finally Learned How to Change This on August 12, 2009, 08:05:43 AM
Okay, thanks guys. I just hope I hear about the download. I just missed the Secret Key :(. But there's still hope for other things :).

the Secret Key is available through September 3rd

JrDude

Now that I think about it, I highly doubt migrating will be available in HG/SS, because it's supposed to be for the DSi, and it doesn't help selling DSi's if you need a regular DS/Lite to get full gameplay.
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

Oh well. The gamecard says "DS" and if you want migrating, then they'll have to get it through the DS.

If the game was for the DSi and there was a feature in which you could download items off the browser, would it be unfair? Yes, but you could live without it. And the items would probably be on Wifi anyways.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Tom Servo on August 12, 2009, 08:52:25 AM
the Secret Key is available through September 3rd

Actually, the website says it was only available June 8th through July 19th.
http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/rotom/

And I was gonna' get it too :(.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: I Finally Learned How to Change This on August 12, 2009, 07:50:50 PM
Actually, the website says it was only available June 8th through July 19th.
http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/rotom/

And I was gonna' get it too :(.

oops sorry I was thinking of the Darkrai one

RX-78-2

Quote from: Tom Servo on August 12, 2009, 08:00:21 PM
oops sorry I was thinking of the Darkrai one

No problem. THAT I will get :). If I could just find a Wi-Fi connection... :|

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 12, 2009, 08:12:43 PM
No problem. THAT I will get :). If I could just find a Wi-Fi connection... :|
McDonalds has them last I knew.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 12, 2009, 09:27:33 PM
McDonalds has them last I knew.

That's exactly where I lasted checked, but we only looked into one McDonald's and it didn't have the little sign. I didn't bother to go in, seeing as we were just near the drive-thru. I couldn't connect from just outside the place either. The Best Buy I was just at didn't even have one. But thanks for your help :), I'll still be looking for other "Mickey D's" with Wi-Fi.

By the way, does anyone know if any GameStops have Wi-Fi? And on a side note, can you connect to Wi-Fi from a DS Download Station ????? I don't want to have to buy a $25 Wi-Fi adapter for my Wii :|.

HTA!

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 13, 2009, 11:49:10 AM
That's exactly where I lasted checked, but we only looked into one McDonald's and it didn't have the little sign. I didn't bother to go in, seeing as we were just near the drive-thru. I couldn't connect from just outside the place either. The Best Buy I was just at didn't even have one. But thanks for your help :), I'll still be looking for other "Mickey D's" with Wi-Fi.

By the way, does anyone know if any GameStops have Wi-Fi? And on a side note, can you connect to Wi-Fi from a DS Download Station ????? I don't want to have to buy a $25 Wi-Fi adapter for my Wii :|.
Do you not have a wireless router? D:

So_So_Man

Have you tried stealing your neighbours internet? there are a few unlocked networks near my house