News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

[un]Official HeartGold/SoulSilver Update Thread

Started by Neerb, August 08, 2009, 05:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

McDonalds may still have it, I went to a McDonalds that didn't have a sign, none of the employees even knew of it (I asked them), then I sat in the playroom (luckily empty) and tried using WFC and it worked~
But now I don't need to do that anymore.
[move][/move]
Dude .

RX-78-2

Quote from: Semi-Scrub on August 13, 2009, 12:08:00 PM
Do you not have a wireless router? D:

Yeah, I do. But for some reason my DS can't connect to Wi-Fi through it. It just doesn't detect a signal. I just checked and doesn't work with either of my wireless Internet connections.

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 13, 2009, 12:53:53 PM
Have you tried stealing your neighbours internet? there are a few unlocked networks near my house

There really aren't any near me. Besides I don't usually have to do that anyway. But what I don't understand is how its "stealing" if the network is unsecured ????. I know that they're paying for it, but if they don't want me using it, wouldn't they secure it so that they could stop me and other strangers from using it and doing worse things? A bit off topic, I know :-\, but any help would be appreciated :).
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

JrDude

Yes TF, I left my front door unlocked, which means it's not breaking in if they just open it andwalk in, and it's not stealing if they take my TV because it's not locked away in a safe.
[move][/move]
Dude .

HTA!

There is no reason it should not pick up the signal, unless you are broadcasting in a weird channel or weird frequency. Or UPnP might be off.

I can help you via PM or Chat if you want.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on August 13, 2009, 07:41:03 PM
Yes TF, I left my front door unlocked, which means it's not breaking in if they just open it andwalk in, and it's not stealing if they take my TV because it's not locked away in a safe.
Not quite the same, since this signal broadcasts outside the property of the person, while both of those acts would require trespassing onto your property, and thus is still "breaking in."  I think a better analogy here is if you leave your car unlocked and someone steals your stereo.  Yeah, it's still wrong, but if you had locked your car, it would have never happened, and your negligence is why the crime happened.

I'm not saying it's right to steal neighbors' internet, but if you're going to take the time to purchase a wireless router and set it up, you should secure it unless you don't care if other people utilize your internet.  Most routers' installation software offer to set up a WEP security at the very least usually.  If you don't bother to turn on any security and then get mad at people using your router, you really only have yourself to blame, since it's something you can easily prevent.

JrDude

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 14, 2009, 02:09:29 PM
Not quite the same, since this signal broadcasts outside the property of the person, while both of those acts would require trespassing onto your property, and thus is still "breaking in."  I think a better analogy here is if you leave your car unlocked and someone steals your stereo.  Yeah, it's still wrong, but if you had locked your car, it would have never happened, and your negligence is why the crime happened.
I know, but I couldn't think of a good example, so I said a bad one.
All I was trying to say is that it is still stealing, even if it's not locked.
[move][/move]
Dude .

RX-78-2

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on August 13, 2009, 07:41:03 PM

Okay, thanks. Luckily, I haven't done that in a while and usually don't need to anyway. It usually doesn't work either.

Quote from: HTA! on August 13, 2009, 08:22:27 PM
There is no reason it should not pick up the signal, unless you are broadcasting in a weird channel or weird frequency. Or UPnP might be off.

I can help you via PM or Chat if you want.

Thanks, but no thanks. I still have some time to find a connection. But if I can't find one in a while, is it okay if I ask for your help later?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************