News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Akemi on March 18, 2011, 06:06:52 PM
They brought back that accursed mechanic OCD people hate so much for Gen V.

[spoiler]Rub the gym badges on the touch screen to clean them.[/spoiler]
It's not like they'll stay shiny all the time. ^_^

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 18, 2011, 03:43:26 PM
If you're running a physical set wouldn't Adamant best suit it?
It's only good in Trick Room, really. In which case, you want the lowest speed possible. Because, in Trick Room, lower speed = faster. That also means you can invest more EVs in other stats without worrying about speed. That's why trick room teams always include some slow Pokemon, possibly with a slow Psychic like Slowbro/king to set up Trick Room. Now we have Reuniclus to fill that role quite nicely.

tl;dr lrn2trickroom. It opens up a bunch of new possibilities.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 18, 2011, 07:06:04 PM
It's only good in Trick Room, really. In which case, you want the lowest speed possible. Because, in Trick Room, lower speed = faster. That also means you can invest more EVs in other stats without worrying about speed. That's why trick room teams always include some slow Pokemon, possibly with a slow Psychic like Slowbro/king to set up Trick Room. Now we have Reuniclus to fill that role quite nicely.

tl;dr lrn2trickroom. It opens up a bunch of new possibilities.
I suppose that's true.
But then again you could always slap on a slow inducing item like Iron Ball.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 19, 2011, 12:39:13 AM
I suppose that's true.
But then again you could always slap on a slow inducing item like Iron Ball.
What's the point in that? You're essentially wasting an item slot in that case.

With a slow pokemon in Trick Room, you have no wasted EVs in speed, and no wasted item slots.

I've never used a trick room team, but using that move on a speed team could really throw a curve at the entire battle.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 19, 2011, 05:59:42 PM
What's the point in that? You're essentially wasting an item slot in that case.

With a slow pokemon in Trick Room, you have no wasted EVs in speed, and no wasted item slots.

I've never used a trick room team, but using that move on a speed team could really throw a curve at the entire battle.
I just don't know what other items it could possibly take advantage of without getting raped.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Macawmoses

Got Pokerus randomly.

Now my whole dorm has it because I've been spreading it just as STIs spread around uni.

:D

Kayo

Quote from: Mackerelmoses on March 20, 2011, 01:29:04 AM
Got Pokerus randomly.

Now my whole dorm has it because I've been spreading it just as STIs spread around uni.

:D
Nice. I got it a few summers ago on Diamond and have been spreading it to everything ever since. I have no idea what the chance of getting it is, though.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 20, 2011, 10:10:32 AM
Nice. I got it a few summers ago on Diamond and have been spreading it to everything ever since. I have no idea what the chance of getting it is, though.
It's a 3 in 65,536 chance.
Which would be 1/3 of encountering a Shiny Pokémon

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 20, 2011, 02:37:21 PM
It's a 3 in 65,536 chance.
Which would be 1/3 of encountering a Shiny Pokémon
Holy poop

Good thing I kept remembering to leave things in the PC so the virus wouldn't go away.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 20, 2011, 02:49:02 PM
Holy poop

Good thing I kept remembering to leave things in the PC so the virus wouldn't go away.
As did I, lol.

Macawmoses

I'm happy I encountered it in B/W. Fucking Throh had it in the wild.

FruitFlow

Between Macho Brace and Power items which is better?
I know that Power items give off 4 EVs, and Macho Brace acts as a Pokerus doubling the EVs per stat.

But would Macho Brace be a better option for raising multiple stats in one run?
Like for mixed purposes.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 20, 2011, 05:02:49 PM
Between Macho Brace and Power items which is better?
I know that Power items give off 4 EVs, and Macho Brace acts as a Pokerus doubling the EVs per stat.

But would Macho Brace be a better option for raising multiple stats in one run?
Like for mixed purposes.
Usually it's easier to EV train one stat at a time, so you don't get the numbers confused. The Macho Brace isn't near as good as the Power items. The Macho Brace can only award a total of 6 extra EVs (if you have Pokerus and are fighting something that gives 3 EVs, which you probably aren't.) The Power items will ALWAYS give more EVs, as they can give 8 extra with Pokerus. But they take some effort to get. That Battle Subway.

I use the Macho Brace to train up pokemon until I have a few good ones for the Battle Tower/Subway, then I get the power items and use them from then on.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 20, 2011, 06:01:09 PM
Usually it's easier to EV train one stat at a time, so you don't get the numbers confused. The Macho Brace isn't near as good as the Power items. The Macho Brace can only award a total of 6 extra EVs (if you have Pokerus and are fighting something that gives 3 EVs, which you probably aren't.) The Power items will ALWAYS give more EVs, as they can give 8 extra with Pokerus. But they take some effort to get. That Battle Subway.

I use the Macho Brace to train up pokemon until I have a few good ones for the Battle Tower/Subway, then I get the power items and use them from then on.
Alright.
Power items it is then.

Dog Food

This might have been answered, but here goes my question: Each Pokemon has a RED and BLUE colored STAT. What the hell does that mean?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.