News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

NES/GBA games for free...because the 3DS bites it.

Started by Nayrman, July 28, 2011, 05:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Hope this makes more people out there have a 3DS. My plaza needs more people in it, and that man-woman Mii called "hello ugly" has been freaking me out.

...Actually, I got all the hats and 4 complete 3D pictures. My coins are starting to stack up.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Custom on July 28, 2011, 10:17:42 AM
any news on what the nes games are?
I took this from Kotaku.

Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda.

Also, ten Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games are headed to the 3DS—games like Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

Custom

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 28, 2011, 10:21:40 AM
I took this from Kotaku.

Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda.

Also, ten Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games are headed to the 3DS—games like Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

what are the other 10 games i must know nintendo

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 28, 2011, 10:12:59 AM
That's a 2012 title. Though, that's definitely a game that will be awesome to play in 3D.
I can't wait even if it's gonna be a whole year
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

HOLY $?*%&#@!!!!!

TWENTY AMAZING FREE GAMES ARE COMING OUT TWO WEEKS FROM NOW?!?! AND PEOPLE I KNOW BESIDES ME MAY FINALLY BE WILLING TO PURCHASE THE 3DS?! I NOW DECLARE JULY 28TH TO BE CAPS LOCK DAY.

Nintendo better freaking profit on this; I mean, the 3DS costs $100 to make, so they should still make profit as long as people buy it.

Also, since the 3DS will be $180 with several good games by next year, Vita fanboys might not be so cavalier in trolling by then...

Kayo

I don't think spending #250 is worth the 20 free games. I probably wouldn't use them much anyway since I still have a GBA and a NES and stuff that work perfectly fine.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Turok

Some people are great at math. 3DS costs just over 100 dollars to produce, that is the individual price for the parts. In bulk they would get a discount, I would assume.

LETS DO MATH

100 dollars to make

selling for 170 dollars

170-100=70

Nintendo gets 70 dollars that can go towards making back R&D, marketing, etc. From every 3DS. I don't get how that equals selling at a loss.
[spoiler]I'm probably getting one now, it should have launched at 200 or this, 250 was stupid (especially with no bundled game)

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Nayrman

In addition to the free games, two release dates...sort of.

Super Mario 3D Land is November and Mario Kart 7 for December. Very weak names in my opinion. I don't mind Super Mario 3D land as much as it adds the 3 and 3D of 3DS to the Land series from the original game boy game since they ended at 2. (Yes, I know Wario Land was technically called Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land, but that really shouldn't count). Mario Kart 7 though... what? That sounds weak....especially considering there was no "Mario Kart 2" as far as numbers go. It's just confusing...

DededeCloneChris

I blame Retro Studios. They have odd names for their games.

Zero

This is not Nintendo's Saturn. You faggots are blowing this completely out of proportion.

Again, the only issues with this handheld were software and price, and one of those issues is now remedied. There were myriads of other problems with the Saturn, including software.

At the Play N Trade I work we're already getting customers asking about the price drop. We had somewhere around 20 something people on day 1 of this news getting out, asking about it. This is something Nintendo should have done at launch, but oh well, they'll learn from their mistakes. Hopefully Capcom gets wind of this.

Kayo

What ever happened to "Mario Kart 3DS"? Guess not? Then again it's one character off from MKDS, so I get it. Less confusion this way.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on July 28, 2011, 12:51:37 PM
HOLY $?*%&#@!!!!!

TWENTY AMAZING FREE GAMES ARE COMING OUT TWO WEEKS FROM NOW?!?! AND PEOPLE I KNOW BESIDES ME MAY FINALLY BE WILLING TO PURCHASE THE 3DS?! I NOW DECLARE JULY 28TH TO BE CAPS LOCK DAY.

Nintendo better freaking profit on this; I mean, the 3DS costs $100 to make, so they should still make profit as long as people buy it.

Also, since the 3DS will be $180 with several good games by next year, Vita fanboys might not be so cavalier in trolling by then...
Quote from: Turok on July 28, 2011, 01:43:00 PM
Some people are great at math. 3DS costs just over 100 dollars to produce, that is the individual price for the parts. In bulk they would get a discount, I would assume.

LETS DO MATH

100 dollars to make

selling for 170 dollars

170-100=70

Nintendo gets 70 dollars that can go towards making back R&D, marketing, etc. From every 3DS. I don't get how that equals selling at a loss.
[spoiler]I'm probably getting one now, it should have launched at 200 or this, 250 was stupid (especially with no bundled game)
Did you ever consider maybe, just maybe, that report, which assumed that Nintendo uses all of the cheapest parts they can find, doesn't take the retail cut into account, and even lists it as having 64MB of RAM when we know it has 128MB, might be inaccurate?

Neerb

So, time for wish lists: which 5 missing NES and GBA games are you guys hoping to get?

For NES, I want:
Kid Icarus (highly likely)
Metroid
Tetris
Punch-Out
Mega Man (not likely given the last couple months, but hey, I want it)

As for GBA, my list is longer, so I'll just list them all:
Advance Wars
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem (either one)
Golden Sun
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga
Super Mario World (can't remember which Advance that is)
a Pokemon version (I know, fairly unlikely)
Donkey Kong Country