News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Question in GIMP

Started by Chaos, July 21, 2008, 10:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

Alright, this is a small question but it's starting to bug me. As you see in my signature, the katana is as you might say "glowing" gold. Yet, I remember not using the glow setting or anyother setting besides the wand tool or whatever it's called. I don't remember how exactly how I did it but could someone please tell me how to redo this type of task? I've been trying to figure it out but I just can't seem to find out how to do it. Please help. Thanks. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong board.

Macawmoses

It looks like you painted over it in red, to be honest. In fact,  at the middle of the blade there is a small patch that doesn't have that look, and there isn't red around it, so, that'd be my guess.

Level_9_Chao

It sorta looks like you selected the blade and messed with the opacity. I don't have GIMP, but look around for any opacity changer and tell me if that's what might have been done.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Chloroform?

You probably changed the layering to overlay or something.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Chaos on July 21, 2008, 10:10:14 AM
Alright, this is a small question but it's starting to bug me. As you see in my signature, the katana is as you might say "glowing" gold. Yet, I remember not using the glow setting or anyother setting besides the wand tool or whatever it's called. I don't remember how exactly how I did it but could someone please tell me how to redo this type of task? I've been trying to figure it out but I just can't seem to find out how to do it. Please help. Thanks. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong board.
Move the katana layer over the read paint one and remove any blending options.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Chaos

Well, I first did the backround, the blue and the red. Then I started to work on the katana and used the wand tool to remove any boardering stuff I didn't want. I couldn't get it all so I messed around with it, then somehow I made it fade, which I remember that, but I don't remember how I made it yellow.

Nevermind, I think I got it. Thanks for all your help though.