News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Good news, everyone!

Started by Kilroy, June 09, 2009, 04:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

Not only are you reading this in my voice, but Futurama is back!

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/06/08/benders-back-baby-new-futurama-episodes-are-in-our-future/

QuoteHave you grown tired of bad TV news? And by bad TV news, I mean bad news about television shows. Bad "TV news" is redundant.

Well, get ready for some good news. No wait, get ready for some great news. No, great doesn't really describe it. Here is some grantasticularly wondergasmiclicious news! (And my 12th grade English teacher said I'd never amount to anything as a writer.)

Comedy Central has ordered all brand new episodes of Futurama, and the show has officially gone back into production.

An insider told Collider.com that the network has given the series an order for 13 additional episodes to air now that the network has run through all of the series' original episodes and the four full-length DVD movies. This news has sparked rumors that production has officially started again on the series and casting is underway.

It's not just good news for Futurama fans, even though the fans are slipping into grinning comas and twitching with joy over the news. And who can blame them? It's one of the few comedy series that just seems to get better and better the longer its run gets. It's the bizarro According to Jim.

It's also good news to every show that has been cancelled before its time. Matt Groening, David X. Cohen and company have proved that no show can truly die just because a single-minded network doesn't have the patience to let it develop and expand. Their dedication to the show and its fans is truly astounding, and if new episodes do make it to Comedy Central's doorstep, disappointed fanboys across the universe will have one less thing in life to be disappointed about.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the Happy Dome.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Doodle

I used to love Futurama, this is awesome. :)
YEAH

Nayrman

Hooray! Television now has a half and hour that's actually worth watching outside of House and sports!

Now, bring back all the good cartoons from the 90's instead of the poop they have now!

Gwen Khan

StarWindWizard7

This is good. Future Rama was a good series.
It may be on Par with Family guy in a way.

I just hope South park atleast gets funny again.  D=

Gwen Khan

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on June 09, 2009, 07:29:38 PM
This is good. Future Rama was a good series.
It may be on Par with Family guy in a way.

I just hope South park atleast gets funny again.  D=

I remember when it was funny, years ago

Wabba

Family guy and Funny in the same sentence?...