News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Deadliest Warrior

Started by Macawmoses, April 20, 2010, 06:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Tonight, the Deadliest Warrior returned to TV. The battle between the old and the new in the true end of season 1 - Spetznaz vs. IRA, and Samurai vs. Spartan.

Then, the next season starts with SWAT vs. the German equivalent. Any of you into the show like I am?

SkyMyl

I've watched the first season before. For me, it's bad. But it's so bad it's good, and that automatically gives the show value, in my eyes.
"In my eyes"? Are you Mack?
In fact, this is a thread MYL had in mind previously. Hmmm...

Macawmoses

It's really not bad D: I like how it mixes in history with what men like - violence.

SkyMyl

And yet, it misses the mark by pitting Pirate vs Knight and Ninja vs Spartan.
"WTF SPAIKE TEEVEE, LRN 2 MEEM >:(

Besides, there have been some inaccuracies with their history in past episodes. I can't recall what exactly those inaccuracies were, though...

Macawmoses

Quote from: Simea on April 20, 2010, 06:34:34 PM
And yet, it misses the mark by pitting Pirate vs Knight and Ninja vs Spartan.
"WTF SPAIKE TEEVEE, LRN 2 MEEM >:(

Besides, there have been some inaccuracies with their history in past episodes. I can't recall what exactly those inaccuracies were, though...
The point is to show battles that never happened, and likely never wouldn't. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see, say, Gladiator vs. Spartan, but I approve.

And I don't claim to be an expert, but from what I know their facts are pretty strong. It's a reader's digest version, though.

Magnum

Pretty kick-ass episodes. The battle was kinda stupid like it is sometimes, but it works. Glad to see the series back.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Macawmoses

My tv died at the end. Did SWAT win?

Magnum

Yes. They won about 527 of the battles.

Shujinco2

I, sadly, do not have Cable, so I have yet to watch it.

However, It looks REALLY good.

Macawmoses

yay I knew swat would win

Triforceman22

I love Deadliest warrior

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Magnum

I missed this weeks. What happened?

MoS

I've only watched one episode, Green Berets vs Spetsnaz. They basically use the same kinds of weapons, so why when they test the weapons, do they give each of them drastically different tests? It makes comparing them a lot harder.

Macawmoses

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on April 30, 2010, 12:47:56 PM
I've only watched one episode, Green Berets vs Spetsnaz. They basically use the same kinds of weapons, so why when they test the weapons, do they give each of them drastically different tests? It makes comparing them a lot harder.
I haven't really noticed them do that. Obviously, with a category like Special Weapons it's going to depend on the weapon, but beyond that, I've always seen the same, and at worse comparable, tests. Spetsnaz ran the same courses/etc iirc.