News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Star Fox 64 3D

Started by DededeCloneChris, July 21, 2011, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 14, 2011, 07:47:18 PM
Well, it if helps, they still know the franchise exists. It's not like Capcom who try to troll fans with "Mega Boy" or something.
Just because they know it's there doesn't mean they'll do anything about it, y'know.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on October 14, 2011, 08:38:01 PM
Just because they know it's there doesn't mean they'll do anything about it, y'know.
But at least they know it's there. The people at Capcom are avoiding all instances of referring DIRECTLY to Mega Man. Nintendo does answer doubts without waiting too much.

Doodle

It still pisses me off how poopty Command turned out.
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Doodle on October 15, 2011, 11:56:01 AM
It still pisses me off how poopty Command turned out.
I thought it was Assault that turned out bad.

Nayrman

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 15, 2011, 12:02:51 PM
I thought it was Assault that turned out bad.

All 3 games post 64 just aren't that good.

Adventures: Isn't even a Star Fox game. Shoehorned in the franchise. Just wasn't a good game.
Assault: Was ok, but the ground missions needed a lot of work. Nintendo's lack of experience with shooters really shows, particularly ground shooters.
Command: Felt like a slow tactical RPG rather than the fast space shooter we're used to. It was ok I guess but it wasn't all that interesting.

I subscribe to the 3-strikes rule with trying new things. Tried new things three different times, none of it really worked. Nintendo, just make one new space shooter and ONLY a space shooter and see what happens. If THAT doesn't work, then consider axing the franchise.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on October 15, 2011, 01:38:12 PM
All 3 games post 64 just aren't that good.

Adventures: Isn't even a Star Fox game. Shoehorned in the franchise. Just wasn't a good game.
Assault: Was ok, but the ground missions needed a lot of work. Nintendo's lack of experience with shooters really shows, particularly ground shooters.
Command: Felt like a slow tactical RPG rather than the fast space shooter we're used to. It was ok I guess but it wasn't all that interesting.

I subscribe to the 3-strikes rule with trying new things. Tried new things three different times, none of it really worked. Nintendo, just make one new space shooter and ONLY a space shooter and see what happens. If THAT doesn't work, then consider axing the franchise.
Once again, you're talking to somebody who isn't here at all.

But even so, the three entries were enjoyable in different aspects, and they never did really bad enough to make a bad name for the franchise. Adventures was tossing Fox into Link's mini-skirt, Assault reminded people (a bit) about how great 64 was, and Command...er...I haven't played that one, honestly.

Out of the three, Assault and Command had potential. Are we seeking multiple roads to get to somewhere or something like that, perhaps?

BTW, to stay a bit on topic, you're sure to get your wings blown off in Expert Mode (Damn you, teammates! Damn you, expendable Bill squad!)

Doodle

Adventures was a nice game, but it wasn't what anyone wanted in a Star Fox game. I would have rather not had Star Fox slapped onto it and instead a new, interesting IP to start the Gamecube with, but whatever. That's just business.

Command was just garbage. I give it props for using Star Fox 2's interesting "map" system, but it just slowed things down to a crawl in Command. The earlier missions were extremely short and easy, while the later difficulty stemmed from the bullpoop fuel system they added for some intercourse ing awful reason. So you'd have like a minute to kill all of these enemies that just mindless fly all over the place, sometimes going for a few shots at you, but mostly just running away. Then you have the new characters, most of which were uninteresting and useless intercourse s, and all of the god awful, cringe-worthy endings.
YEAH

Zero

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Does anybody know if you get something out of gaining those super hard gold medals in Score Attack mode?

Doodle

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 17, 2011, 12:27:13 PM
Does anybody know if you get something out of gaining those super hard gold medals in Score Attack mode?
In the original you got Expert Mode, I think.
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Doodle on October 17, 2011, 01:54:41 PM
In the original you got Expert Mode, I think.
No, no, Score Attack is totally new for the 3DS version. Think you can score 500 hits in Area 6?