News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

What are your favorite underappreciated Wii games?

Started by Tupin, June 13, 2012, 11:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 24, 2012, 03:54:14 AM
WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a great game. I didn't think it was under-appreciated , but it's still great.

And, forgive my ignorance, but... what's an NS release? I've been falling behind on anything Nintendo-related.

Probably referring to Nintendo Select, the Wii's version of Gamecube's "Player's Choice" (only with less games and no real set price, given Brawl is still $30 or so).

Zero

Lotos

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 24, 2012, 03:54:14 AM
WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a great game. I didn't think it was under-appreciated , but it's still great.

And, forgive my ignorance, but... what's an NS release? I've been falling behind on anything Nintendo-related.

IMO, Smooth Moves was a great example of how fun Wii games with motion controls could be.

Quote from: Trevelyan on June 24, 2012, 11:01:04 AM
Probably referring to Nintendo Select, the Wii's version of Gamecube's "Player's Choice" (only with less games and no real set price, given Brawl is still $30 or so).

Correct.

So they're making Brawl a Select game, but for $30?  I guess it's fair (I mean, it is Smash Bros).  Time to buy another Club Nintendo code...

RX-78-2

Thanks for the info, guys.

Quote from: Lotos on June 26, 2012, 01:11:16 PM
IMO, Smooth Moves was a great example of how fun Wii games with motion controls could be.
I completely agree. WW: Smooth Moves makes many other games seem like their motion controls were an afterthought or gimmick.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

zephilicious

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 28, 2012, 03:21:54 AM
Thanks for the info, guys.
I completely agree. WW: Smooth Moves makes many other games seem like their motion controls were an afterthought or gimmick.
until you get any minigame that uses the pointer
~~ <3

RX-78-2

Which would be the exception and not the rule. |:

Tupin

Haven't played Smooth Moves in a while, what were the pointer games like?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

RX-78-2

I won't go into detail about every microgame, but the pointer games have you holding the Wiimote like a pencil. I know that there's a simple but good point-and-click shooter minigame and a minigame in which you have to position falling blocks into a steady shape. If you have WW: SM, I highly recommend returning to it--if only for a bit; it has good replay value.

Flying Chickens

Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I mean really, what the intercourse  else did I use my Wii for?

Tupin

Quote from: Flying Chickens on July 27, 2012, 11:11:56 PM
Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I mean really, what the intercourse  else did I use my Wii for?
The tons of other games that are worth playing on the console, many of which were mentioned in this very thread?

Custom

does xenoblade count
it came out after most gamers were done with the wii

other than that I dunno

I guess Pokemon Battle Revolution
But I got that for $3
if I would've gotten it for $50 I would've hated it

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on October 05, 2012, 02:24:45 AM
I guess Pokemon Battle Revolution
But I got that for $3
if I would've gotten it for $50 I would've hated it

I know I sure did...

Tupin

Almost got Pokemon Battle Revolution just because I wanted an online Wii game. Ended up getting Strikers Charged, but I liked the original better.

jnfs2014

I got PBR sometime in 2008. I don't really remember when, but it was mostly to use with my Pokemon Diamond on my DS. Got about $30 worth of it.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Tupin on July 28, 2012, 12:00:23 AM
The tons of other games that are worth playing on the console, many of which were mentioned in this very thread?
Looking back on the Wii, many of the games I rented or bought ended up awful. Soured the whole experience so I stuck to first party games proven to be good.
I mean, who doesn't replay Zelda games? Or play SSBB? I know I sure do. But after Raving Rabids which was supposed to be amazing, I just lost faith. I still got other games, but they just kept whacking a coffin nail into the side of my Wii.