News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Control+V

Started by Kilroy, April 17, 2009, 02:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

>How
A word mostly affiliated with a question. However, you do not mean it in that sense, and instead, are talking in Native American speech, where "How" or "Hao" is a statement, meaning hello. You're saying hello in a Native American language, meaning you've been making deals for the weapons you need with Indians.

>many
Relating, of course, to the many weapons you are receiving from the Indians. However, it is also an abbreviation: M.A.N.Y: Men's Apartments of New York. You are currently hiding in New York.

>bones
Bones. There are 206 bones in the human body. "206" is the area code for Seattle, Washington. That is where you will be striking. 2:06 is the time when you will be striking as well, and to keep it continuous, you will be attacking on February 6th: 2/06. Also, bones are located inside the human body, where it is dark. You will be attacking when it is dark; therefore, 2:06 AM.

>can
You are actually talking about "the can", as slang for the bathroom. Your primary target is the bathrooms.

>Batman
Me. Since I am Batman, and there is only one, you are obviously not Batman. This means you have to be one of my arch rivals, and the only rival I know of who does this sort of thing is you: The Riddler.

>break
There will be a break in your attack. There are five letters in the word break, and nine words in your riddler. The break will be five minutes long, nine minutes into your assault.

>without killing
Without is to not have. Killing is the act of taking one's life. The bathroom destructions will not be aimed at trying to take the lives of any innocent civilians, but instead, will be directed at a different target. And the only target I can think of is...

>you
Me.

You will be attacking Seattle, Washington's bathrooms with a goal of killing me, the Batman, at 2:06 AM on February 6th from your apartment in New York with weapons borrowed from Native Americans. You will have a break in your attack from 2:15 AM to 2:20 AM.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Anarchy_Jas

"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Light

SkyMyl

Light

Quote from: SkyMyl on August 11, 2010, 11:03:36 AM

ALWAYS
I WANNA BE WITH YOU
AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU
AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY
OH LO~OVE

Anarchy_Jas

Like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, "love" is a myth, so I don't "love." Cold hearted, maybe, but no one has the balls to prove me wrong.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Mystic

What's stopping you?

Light

Rayquarian

The entire group of Flitchayes were wiped out because they targeted a Bloodwrathed Badger. Good job you five! You lose and the Long Patrol (sans ZL) have achieved their win condition. The Patrol can still vote with the Dibbuns to try to find the rest of the scum.

Spud

Light

It wasn't a intercourse ing horror movie.

Rayquarian

We've all had a teacher that didn't seem able to teach to us properly. Fore me, that was back in my sophomore year, where I met my world history teacher. She would give us test over subjects we hadn't really touched on, and the class had this over-powering black power  type of feel...which isn't too bad in moderation, but trust me, it was anything but moderate. She was practically in your face telling you how great black was. In fact, we spent more time discussing Africa than any other World History class would have thought absurd.

But hey, the title of this thread is "Statistics RANT!" not "Bad teacher RANT!," but that's what I'm really kind of talking about. You see, this year, I've ended up taking a class called "AP Statistics." It's supposed to be an advanced placement class, yet the world we do in there feels so...basic.

For instance, the majority of our grade is based on this silly computer program. It gives us this pretest, but if we miss even one question, then the program puts us on this silly lesson presentation. (and I mean silly! Is this targeted for High School students? is what I first wondered.) However, most of the materials is so ridiculously easy that it's almost a shame to have to actually watch the lesson. Plus, when there is actually something new to learn, (and I think that's happened probably twice or less) we just repeat the same lesson over and over. And after those new lessons are finished, its back to basics--usually mean and box-and-whisker plots. It's so repetitive and easy, but if it's this easy, why should I care?

And it has to be easy, right? After all, if this wasn't a breeze (notice the lack of the subjunctive mood) then our teacher wouldn't talk about her life, basketball games, etc. all class period. The only thing we should expect to see on the AP Exam is mean, standard deviation, box-and-whiskers, and a little probability--after all, that's basically all we've learned...

Well, one day, while she was away, our teacher decided to leave this practice AP Exam for us to fiddle with. I wasn't expecting much...but I was surprised to find out just how uninformed I really was about statistics. p-test, sampling distributions, confidence intervals...what is this nonsense? Why have I never heard of it before?

So it finally hit me how badly-prepared our stats teacher had us for the AP Exam. I mean, if stats were really as extremely easy as she made it to be, then no problem, but we hadn't even covered half of the material in my AP Stats book, even though 7/9ths of our time is already gone. I mean, what did she mean to accomplish by telling us how easy the test is if she isn't going to teach us the easy material. I mean, it's not hard at all, but she just won't teach it to us!

Realizing how badly prepared I was, I took an AP Statistics book (we rarely use these books, but we should be using them instead of that silly program) and just ran though some material we haven't bothered to cover. Like I said, it isn't hard, but it isn't anything we'll magically comprehend instantaneously. I can teach myself everything I need to pass the AP Exam, but I feel sorry for everyone else. Right now, they don't even have a change of passing, because they don't know half the material.

Well, some people just don't to be bothered with doing their jobs? Have you ever had to suffer because of a teacher's negligence towards her job?

Light