News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Hobbit Movie

Started by Triforceman22, December 24, 2007, 12:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

It has been confirmed that Peter jackson is going to be filming the Hobbit.
it will be two seperate movies. (He sure loves to do sequels eh?)
and he is going to start filming the first part in 2009.

Source:  http://the-hobbit-movie.com/

The Associated Press have just announced New Line and Peter Jackson have reached an agreement (at last) and he will act as executive producer with the director yet to be named.

After their "disagreement" was settled last Tuesday, New Line have had to move fast before the rights to The Hobbit movie returned to the previous owner, Saul Zaentz. Zaentz had already stated Jackson would be directing if this happened.

"I'm very pleased that we've been able to put our differences behind us, so that we may begin a new chapter with our old friends at New Line," Jackson's statement read. "We are delighted to continue our journey through Middle Earth."

Two Hobbit movies will be filmed at the same time, similar to how the 3 "Lord of the Rings" films were shot. Production will start in 2009 with a release planned for 2010, with the second part the following year.

Lets not kid ourselves though, Jackson has been given a role to appease the "Rings" fans, the special effects team and of course, the original cast of whom many may well be needed for at least one of the Hobbit movies.

I'm quite happy about this. :)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

JJDAWG

I don't think it'll be as good as lotr but oh well. I wish Peter would spend more time on the Halo movie.

Triforceman22

Quote from: JJDAWG on December 24, 2007, 12:14:20 AM
I don't think it'll be as good as lotr but oh well. I wish Peter would spend more time on the Halo movie.

Nothing can beat the LoTR movies. :P

I don't care about halo.
I want me some Middle-Earth! :)

Cecil_and_Kain

Triforceman22

Apollo

are they really doing two hobbit movies cause thats kinda weird. oh well. but im sure it will start filming before that.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Apollo on December 24, 2007, 07:39:59 AM
are they really doing two hobbit movies cause thats kinda weird. oh well. but im sure it will start filming before that.

yeah, they are filming two.