News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Do you ever assume or jump to conclusions?

Started by Kita, December 28, 2007, 09:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

I'm sure we all do, but have you ever done so and made a HUGE mistake that you wish you could change?

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

gbwyoshi

nope I don't jump to conclusions at all. I can think it through real fast.

And just a request, stop making threads about another thread.

Edit:Kita got me so yes this post was the first time I have

Retequis

Only when it's a logical assumption.  9 times out of 10, I'm right in that respect anyway. xD

Kita

Quote from: gbwyoshi on December 28, 2007, 09:59:39 AM

I'm not making threads about other threads o_O

This is actually something I've had on my mind for the last week.  It just so happens I have a room mate that assumes the worst of me all the time and I'm getting sick of it.

www.vortexshadow.com

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 10:00:51 AM

This is actually something I've had on my mind for the last week.  It just so happens I have a room mate that assumes the worst of me all the time and I'm getting sick of it.
sorry I just remembered you made a comment before like this.

So I made a mistake sue me(edits first post)

Zovistograt

"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kita

Quote from: gbwyoshi on December 28, 2007, 10:02:41 AM
Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 10:00:51 AM

sorry I just remembered you made a comment before like this.

So I made a mistake sue me(edits first post)

LOL See it happens to us all.

The one thing I find is most people, unlike you, don't even try to think things through.  People seem to have a tendency to assign bad motives to others without trying to see things from the others point of view.

I'm so happy I'm moving.  I hope to have all my stuff out tonight and be done with it.  The last thing my room mate said to me upset me so much.  As JWs we are like one HUGE family.  The other day she says to me: "Andrea I hope that some day you will see that people will like you for who you are and you don't have to embellish on things."  She then gave an example of something she over heard me saying, but apparently didn't hear the whole thing.  I was so upset.  I just said to her "You know people only have to embellish if they care what others think.  I fail to see how that fits me since I could careless of what others think of me."  She stared back at me with a blank face and I walked away.

I told my other friend about this situation and she brought up a VERY good point.  Those that assign bad motives to others or thing poorly of others or think they lie or anything, do so because they project themselves and their own thoughts on other people.  Meaning that this is how "she" is so she things others are the same way.  I don't like people that have to put on a face and being something they are not.  To me that's a sign of low self esteem.  Which my room mate admitted that she lacks in self esteem.  It's quite eminent too.

www.vortexshadow.com

Mario Kartist

Well. Not really a HUGE mistake, but I do imedeatly regret some things that I do.
Quote from: Co-Z on December 29, 2007, 12:19:23 PM
Nascar is pointless, it's just a bunch of colors going in circles. I could flush a bag of skittles down the toilet and get the same effect in ten seconds.

Hero_Of_Time

We all assume, though we shouldn't. Its just human nature. Sad truth. Whenever we assume, we usually wind up making fools out of ourselves. We assume over almost anything. Its kind of like that cliche "don't judge a book by its cover" we hear one thing and assume it to be good / bad or right / wrong. Kind of like how some now assume that NS2 is a bad board without looking and spending some time at it.

Or it could be like a movie or game. Most now assume Pokemon is for kids only because of the drawing and stuff. They fail to go in-depth and see how good the games can be.

Feel free to add me on MSN!

Juni

Never, its a mistake that can ruin everything.

Trini

Yes, I tend to do that.  I have a very wild imagination, and visualize things that are completely wrong. And my thoughts get warped unnecessarily.

Kita

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on December 28, 2007, 10:16:25 AM
We all assume, though we shouldn't. Its just human nature. Sad truth. Whenever we assume, we usually wind up making fools out of ourselves. We assume over almost anything. Its kind of like that cliche "don't judge a book by its cover" we hear one thing and assume it to be good / bad or right / wrong. Kind of like how some now assume that NS2 is a bad board without looking and spending some time at it.

Or it could be like a movie or game. Most now assume Pokemon is for kids only because of the drawing and stuff. They fail to go in-depth and see how good the games can be.

About the "we here on thing and assume" that happens way to often.  Most times people will hear something form someone and assume that it's true before hearing the other side of things.

www.vortexshadow.com

Kita

Quote from: Juni on December 28, 2007, 10:19:31 AM
Never, its a mistake that can ruin everything.

I remember a wrong assumption I made about you.  I remember on M_F's forum I was trying to get you to go to NS2 but you had said some things.  I forget what.  Anyways I had assumed that you were some evil spamming punk kid that didn't like anyone. LOL

www.vortexshadow.com

Hero_Of_Time

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 10:21:37 AM
Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on December 28, 2007, 10:16:25 AM

About the "we here on thing and assume" that happens way to often.  Most times people will hear something form someone and assume that it's true before hearing the other side of things.
Yep, its a "welcome to man kind" sort of thing. People are so closed-minded that they become ignorant to the truth that something they currently dislike is something they could find enjoyable. I used to say the XBox 360 sucked, but I had not given it a try and now..I have one and simply love it. We're all guilty of doing this sometime in our lives.

Feel free to add me on MSN!

__THAT__GUY__

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 28, 2007, 10:03:18 AM

I hate how half of the English speaking population doesn't know how to spell the word "lose" but they can certainly spell "loser".  ::)