News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Do you ever assume or jump to conclusions?

Started by Kita, December 28, 2007, 09:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on December 28, 2007, 10:25:48 AM
Yep, its a "welcome to man kind" sort of thing. People are so closed-minded that they become ignorant to the truth that something they currently dislike is something they could find enjoyable. I used to say the XBox 360 sucked, but I had not given it a try and now..I have one and simply love it. We're all guilty of doing this sometime in our lives.

It's that same closed-mindedness that causes racial hate.  I just saw the movie The Great Debaters on Tuesday.  It was such a good movie.  But even seeing the racial hate in the movie, which was based in 1935 in the south, it's hard to imagine what it must have been like living in that time.  It's amazing because it seems that most people just follow the teachings of their culture and society in which they live.  There is so much hate in this world and as ironic as this may seem, you can probably "assume" that it's because of those that presume or assume on many different things. 

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

__THAT__GUY__

Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 10:32:18 AM
Yep, its a "welcome to man kind" sort of thing. People are so closed-minded that they become ignorant to the truth that something they currently dislike is something they could find enjoyable. I used to say the XBox 360 sucked, but I had not given it a try and now..I have one and simply love it. We're all guilty of doing this sometime in our lives.

It's that same closed-mindedness that causes racial hate.  I just saw the movie The Great Debaters on Tuesday.  It was such a good movie.  But even seeing the racial hate in the movie, which was based in 1935 in the south, it's hard to imagine what it must have been like living in that time.  It's amazing because it seems that most people just follow the teachings of their culture and society in which they live.  There is so much hate in this world and as ironic as this may seem, you can probably "assume" that it's because of those that presume or assume on many different things

Yeh, you could, but you shouldn't. Then you'd be just as bad as them and just as closed-minded.

I catch myself assuming things about people all the time, even after I've had assumptions proven wrong about people many times. I try not to do it but it's really hard not to think about how someone might be based on how they look.

The Kingpin

Kita

Quote from: __THAT__GUY__ on December 28, 2007, 10:36:36 AM
Quote from: Kita on December 28, 2007, 10:32:18 AM

It's that same closed-mindedness that causes racial hate.  I just saw the movie The Great Debaters on Tuesday.  It was such a good movie.  But even seeing the racial hate in the movie, which was based in 1935 in the south, it's hard to imagine what it must have been like living in that time.  It's amazing because it seems that most people just follow the teachings of their culture and society in which they live.  There is so much hate in this world and as ironic as this may seem, you can probably "assume" that it's because of those that presume or assume on many different things

Yeh, you could, but you shouldn't. Then you'd be just as bad as them and just as closed-minded.

I catch myself assuming things about people all the time, even after I've had assumptions proven wrong about people many times. I try not to do it but it's really hard not to think about how someone might be based on how they look.

If you weren't to assume that there is an issue because people assume then what what the issue be caused by?  How is it closed-minded to assume that people assume? 

www.vortexshadow.com

Avion-Finch

I try not to assume, because, you know what you do when you assume :P

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Kita

Oh here is a good assumption made from the "great" Members Relations person over on NS2 EJRaven himself:

QuoteWe are building better communication between the members and myself, there is no need assume things, Kita please stop trying to win the members by sticking up for them, they are more than welcome to email me, PM me their ideas or concerns themselves, the doors are open to any requests, I also have an Admin-Member thread floated on the Community Focus forum for this same type of requests.

This was the post he made in my thread about the users that were still banned.  I my thread I didn't assume anything, I asked a simple question.  Not sure how I was trying to win anyone over either.  I stick up for my friends and that's who I was posting about.  I wasn't trying to get in the middle of his "communication" efforts either.  Those users couldn't PM and if they don't have his email they can't email him. 

If I posted my thread in the wrong spot then that's the only thing I did wrong there.  EJ is trying to make me look bad and that's not a good example of a Member Relations person. -_-

www.vortexshadow.com

ZeldaGamer14

farf

ssbb name: farf

ssbb friend code: 2793-0398-4657

add me please!

Kita

Quote from: farf on December 28, 2007, 11:50:04 AM
you jump to the conclusion that i assume

Yes from time to time I do.  I'm no exception :P

www.vortexshadow.com

Java

When you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

Get it! ass/u/me

I'm sure that's really old.  :P

Anyway, I do assume and jump to conclusions a lot.

Kita

Quote from: Java_Java on December 28, 2007, 12:09:14 PM
When you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

Get it! ass/u/me

I'm sure that's really old.  :P

Anyway, I do assume and jump to conclusions a lot.

Yeah that is very old, but it's very true too :P

www.vortexshadow.com