News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

My computer crashed :(

Started by OmegaPapyrus, January 05, 2008, 04:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaPapyrus

It's in a computer shop right now; I hope that it's going to be okay. It's all my brother's fault, he downloads all of this random junk, so he probably downloaded a virus. I think that I'm going to have to reinstall Windows, but I lost my Windows disk so I might have to buy a new one. This sucks!  >:(

WiiGuy

ouch :(

well hope you get your computer back soon ;)

Zovistograt

I hope all your files can be recovered at least.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

LinkXLR

How about you get a good security system and have weekly virus scans? It's the only surefire way to keep any virus's out.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

OmegaPapyrus

Quote from: Zovistograt on January 05, 2008, 04:30:36 PM

I have all my files saved on a backup hardrive, so I'm not worrying about that.

Silverhawk79

Zovistograt

Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on January 05, 2008, 04:34:45 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on January 05, 2008, 04:30:36 PM

I have all my files saved on a backup hardrive, so I'm not worrying about that.
That's good.  Which reminds me, I have to back my stuff up...>.>
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

OmegaPapyrus

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 05, 2008, 04:32:09 PM
How about you get a good security system and have weekly virus scans? It's the only surefire way to keep any virus's out.

I usually run spybot once a week, but I was away from my computer for a few weeks (I've been using my sister's old iBook :P). Apparently my brother tried to download something and my computer got a virus. :(

Silverhawk79

Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on January 05, 2008, 04:39:37 PM

I usually run spybot once a week, but I was away from my computer for a few weeks (I've been using my sister's old iBook :P). Apparently my brother tried to download something and my computer got a virus. :(
Spybot doesn't catch all that much stuff.

OmegaPapyrus

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 05, 2008, 04:54:35 PM

Can you suggest a better program? I'm not that great with my computer security.

WiiGuy

Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on January 05, 2008, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 05, 2008, 04:54:35 PM

Can you suggest a better program? I'm not that great with my computer security.
Zone alarm
AVG anti virus
you can download both for free ;)

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

L10

i've never herd of a virus make you reinstall windows, viruses are not hard to fix
Quote from: JMV290 on January 05, 2008, 05:02:06 PM
Or you can get Linux.
w00t linux
0o!f