News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

I didnt know you could Rip DVDs with VLC Media Player....

Started by えっちーせんぱい, May 22, 2008, 08:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

えっちーせんぱい

I was googling around, trying to figure out how to get Styled Subtitles onto AVI's that I make when i came across this:

http://www.therealcaffeine.com/how-to/rip-dvd-with-vlc/

Does it work? I don't know, I'm trying now; not like I'm doing anything else important.

Riosan

Never tried it, I just use DVD Decrypter, and then convert the .VOB files to something else.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Riosan on May 23, 2008, 03:43:53 AM
Never tried it, I just use DVD Decrypter, and then convert the .VOB files to something else.
This is much simplier. Though the output file was way bigger than I thought it would be.

Why did I use 1200 video bitrate ;-;

L10

I use GnomeBaker

Wait no, that will probably make people think I'm being a Fanboy....
* Lichig0 tries VLC
0o!f

Riosan

Quote from: Blaziken on May 23, 2008, 06:46:40 AM
This is much simplier. Though the output file was way bigger than I thought it would be.

Probably, but any DVD ripper I've used is A.) slower than DVD Decrypter + Videora, and B.) terrible quality, in both audio and video.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Riosan on May 23, 2008, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: Blaziken on May 23, 2008, 06:46:40 AM

Probably, but any DVD ripper I've used is A.) slower than DVD Decrypter + Videora, and B.) terrible quality, in both audio and video.
VLC only took as long as the video was; exactly as long. And it looks fine really.

Riosan

Quote from: Blaziken on May 23, 2008, 02:08:38 PM
VLC only took as long as the video was; exactly as long. And it looks fine really.

Yes, but for the video I'm currently ripping, 3 hours long, Videora says it will only take about an hour and a half or so.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Riosan on May 23, 2008, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: Blaziken on May 23, 2008, 02:08:38 PM

Yes, but for the video I'm currently ripping, 3 hours long, Videora says it will only take about an hour and a half or so.
I don't like that one for some reason.