News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Mamma Mia review...olol.

Started by Zovistograt, July 26, 2008, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
Mamma Mia, here we go again
My my, review of a musical
Mamma Mia, ABBA overload
My my, what I was expecting

Fiiiiilm for older women
IIIIIII felt so out of place
My my, The Dark Knight was so much better!

</singing>

Ok, so, I had to go to see this with my mom.  And...it was ok.  I must say, you have to be one of the following to enjoy it:

• Female over 30
  • Extreme ABBA fan
  • Lover of "feel good musicals" in general
  • Lover of Meryl Streep or Pierce Brosnan.

Anybody else would either be bored or at least waiting for it to end.  It was enjoyable as much as something with a plot barely thick enough to hold the movie together (and that didn't take much since it's driven by songs by ABBA).  I found a few things kinda humorous...a few lulz here and there.  But nothing entirely massive.  The entrances to the songs were quite sudden and way too forced, and the backup singers were more of a joke than anything, popping in like only a cheesy musical could allow.

Good things I guess: scenes with the three possible fathers and with the mother's other two friends were decent.

Final score: 5/10.  Nothing more, nothing less.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Mystic

Lover of Meryl Streep or Pierce Brosnan.

I love them, and I still don't want to see it >_>

Zovistograt

Quote from: Mystic on July 27, 2008, 12:28:51 AM
Lover of Meryl Streep or Pierce Brosnan.

I love them, and I still don't want to see it >_>
I put those in descending order.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

Ugh...
I saw this on stage in New York...(band trip...one of our "activities") It was horrible. I hate ABBA, crappy musicals, and feel good stories.
Yea, pretty much annoying smile-all-the-time moms over 40 could possibly like this...argh