News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

A generic evolution topic

Started by Nayrman, April 13, 2009, 05:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Hey all, just a generic evolution topic I thought I'd make with questions and stuff.
Do you think they've been spending a little too much time making evolutions for previously established pokemon like Tangela and such? I mean, I didn't think they needed them, especially guys like Electebuzz.
I suppose next is the opposite question, if you could give evolutions to all pokemon, would you? Eh somewhat to me. I'd love to see ONE legendary have an evolved form or something akin to that. Either that or I'm missing one that I forgot X_X;;
Finally, since it's in my sig, do you think Eevee should eventually evolve into every type in the game? *Obviously I do, I'd love to see a ghost type and a steel type*

jnfs2014

Neerb

Yes to all eevees, no to evolving everyone, no to evolving legendaries.  I think some pokemon should stay single or double formed.  HOWEVER, it might be nice to get some evolutions for the reeeally weak ones.  I'd love to get Arbok an evolution.

JrDude

Evolving every pokémon? Fuck no. But many pokémon aren't in need of new evos, but the new evo looks good anyway, like Electabuzz, his evo wasn't necessary, but I think Electivire looks pretty kickass. Though they do spend a little too much time on it, like Lickitung would be better off with no evo.
But legendaries should stay the way they are, no evos. But I like the Manaphy thing, breed it to get a pokémon, but it won't evolve into it's parent.
Also, Yes, Eevee SHOULD eventually evolve into every type, and that includes Fly (not normal/fly), and normal.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Uh....yeah, evolving every one of them would be dumb. There are some like Tauros and Stantler that are perfect without (pre)evos. They need to leave some of the classics alone (Tangela, Lickitung), and incorporate more non-evolving Pokemon into the next Gen....hell....they just need to incorporate more.

Legendaries should stay as they are....but I must admit, having one that could evolve would certainly make it unique. Not sure how that dynamic would work though.

Eevee should reach every type, yes. It would rule. My concern is finding original ways of doing so. I don't want "use a stone" or "train in this area/time" for every one. Why not have one where you train it with a dragon type, it evolves into one at Level 32 (ensuring if you want another type you don't have to B-Cancel). As long as they are creative, absolutely.