News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

what to expect in a DSi firmware update [Rumor DSi maps]

Started by WiiGuy, June 05, 2009, 07:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiGuy

Nintendo talked about uploaded pictures to facebook [at E3], do you think it'll cost money? [via dsi ware] or just a free update?

Also, Nintendo has been 'hinting' stuff about what they are imaging what they can make the DSi do. For example....

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=78505
QuoteSatoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto have teamed up for a conference, and they're delivering a bunch of info.

No price cuts for Wii or DS in the near future.
More features coming to the DSi, such as maps, and classroom interactivity

Also, Miyamoto mentioned something at E3...
http://wii.ign.com/articles/989/989996p1.html
6:15 p.m.: "Actually, there's another project that's been taking a lot of time my time lately, but it's a very enjoyable project." he says. He adds that quite a few of us own a DS, but maybe don't carry it around with us on a daily basis.

6:16 p.m.: "I kind of had this idea that it'd be great if you could carry your Nintendo DS with you as you made your way around town to your daily activities." Basically, as you go through the city, you'd get details about the various areas you're in, including shopping centers, etc. This is an idea he's been interested in for a while and has started to employ some of it in Japan already.

6:16 p.m.: He likes working on programs like these and he will, after E3, go back to Japan and do more of that kind of work, he says.

So, what do you make of this?
What do you kind of apps do you want from Nintendo?

Doodle

Going around town and getting information about the places around you would be awesome.
A better Web Browser with Flash and Java would be cool, too.

I'd like to see some old Game Boy games already. >:(
YEAH

WiiGuy

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 05, 2009, 04:41:49 PM
Going around town and getting information about the places around you would be awesome.
A better Web Browser with Flash and Java would be cool, too.

I'd like to see some old Game Boy games already. >:(
Yeah, i don't see why Nintendo doesn't do it, I mean, people will buy it, so...why not put them on already!?

WiiGuy

I gave a heads up with this thread.....and now GoNintendo has spread some more news on this topic
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=87513

here is a translation of the link posted on GoN
http://www.nintendomain.it/content/view/1383/11/
QuoteIt is unclear at present if they are downloadable applications or real products sold at retail according to the usual channels, what is certain is that reliable sources inform us that Nintendo is working on the preparation, only DSI, the some interesting applications.

This is, to speak only of those for which there has been confirmed, the DSI and DSI Dictionary Maps, applications, leaving largely guess what it means.  A curious and especially the geographic software: you can handle a utility similar to those available on the iPhone? ... We hope very much ... see you soon with more updates.

Well, Maps sound good, but ya just need an internet connection most likly, when you are in the middle of no where. >_<

Dictionary sounds ok, i don't think I'll be downloading it, that is if  it comes out.

Doodle

You probably download the maps onto your DSi, or something like that.
YEAH

PsychoYoshi

The classroom interactivity thing has already been implemented in one prefecture in Japan; their schools require a DS so that elementary school kids can practice their kanji and grammar with edutainment games. What would be somewhat cool was if a kid could write something on their DS and it got emailed or sent to a teacher's DS. But before that would be useful, the touch screen would need a higher level of sensitivity (as we all know how neatly one can write on a DS).

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on July 01, 2009, 01:11:05 PM
The classroom interactivity thing has already been implemented in one prefecture in Japan; their schools require a DS so that elementary school kids can practice their kanji and grammar with edutainment games. What would be somewhat cool was if a kid could write something on their DS and it got emailed or sent to a teacher's DS. But before that would be useful, the touch screen would need a higher level of sensitivity (as we all know how neatly one can write on a DS).
I write better using a felt-tip marker I ended up overusing on CD Labels, more friction means it doesn't slip all over the screen.