News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Exercise

Started by Eizweir, January 05, 2010, 07:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L10

I used to play soccer(which didn't make me not fat), didn't like it because it took away from me being with my friends...

And only like a year ago I played DDR, like massive DDR dropped 35 pounds, and now occasionally play just to make sure it doesn't come back, but I'm not playing like 3 hours a day like I was before, more like 3 hours a month
0o!f

Kilroy

I'm not in shape, but I'm not really overweight. According to Wii Fit, I'm on the borderline between "normal" and "on the risk of being overweight". If I lost like 10 pounds, I'd be okay.

Problem is, I'm not fond of sports. I could take walks, but that can wait for the Spring.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

BOREDFOREVER

When I was in Highschool, I wrestled and lifted.

When I was in college, I danced and did yoga.

Now I walk about two miles two work and have a physically demanding job.  For a while,  I was jogging and doing push/ sit-ups again, but I'm taking a break.

Kayo

Quote from: Kilroy on January 06, 2010, 04:20:05 PM
Problem is, I'm not fond of sports. I could take walks, but that can wait for the Spring.
I'm similar in that way, i guess. I don't like all the organization crap involved with sports. *is a loner*

Apparently, I'm the EXACT weight I should be from my height and age. Yay.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Mystic

* Mystic leaves for a walk

Silverhawk79

I don't really exercise.
At all.
:(

Mystic

Magnum

I go to weight lifting 3 times a day, wrestle, walk my dog, ride my bike everywhere, and do an occasional cock push-up. I think I'm doing all right on the exercise topic.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Doodle

I don't exercise at all. :U
But I'm somewhat athletic.
YEAH

Allegretto

I'm a proffesional Halo player.

Some consider it a sport since it's sponsored by ESPN.
:3

L10

Quote from: Allegretto on January 08, 2010, 08:45:53 AM
I'm a proffesional Halo player.

Some consider it a sport since it's sponsored by ESPN.
:3
Sport: the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
Exercise:the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit

sport =/= exercise
0o!f

Captain Justice

I miss being on a basketball team, anybody still in highschool should cherish the time you get to spend with your team as long as you can.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Zero

Quote from: Hoss Delgado on January 09, 2010, 11:12:26 PM
I miss being on a basketball team, anybody still in highschool should cherish the time you get to spend with your team as long as you can.

Neighborhood leagues exist you know. When you get out of college you can just join a team wherever you're living.

Captain Justice

Quote from: Zero on January 10, 2010, 12:57:24 AM
Neighborhood leagues exist you know. When you get out of college you can just join a team wherever you're living.
yeah but its really not the same. Like in highschool you practice with the same guys every day (usually more then once a day), go to away games with them, and sometimes even out of state (or country once) tournaments. Most of my best friends are guys from my HS team.

oh and long time no see Zero
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Macawmoses

Quote from: Hoss Delgado on January 09, 2010, 11:12:26 PM
I found it to be really taxing in terms of Senior Year. As such, I unfortunately dropped playing basketball to have a little more time to focus on my studies. I sort of came to the harsh realization that it won't get me anywhere, while my marks will (I'm far from the best, lol).

I still do a lot of the morning regiment though. Jogging is really becoming important in my life, not for the sake of exercising, but because it's a great release. I also have Sports Performance as a class...which is basically a more intense gym class. We're doing the stupid tai bo or whatever nonsense now though...so yeah.

Also, obligatory hockey remark. Even if it is only rinking.