News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Pokemon Live Action Movie Trailer

Started by DBY106698, September 23, 2010, 12:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBY106698

I'm sure someone here has heard or come across this at some point in time, but for those who have not, I'll fill you in.

A week or so ago, a "leaked" video appeared on Youtube when a website received a mysterious email containing the video and had uploaded it. It was a short clip of a screen that depicted a Live Action Pokemon movie set in the 1st generation with a much darker tone, including the use of guns, drugs, and even a Voltorb used as a car bomb. One could say it's the Pokemon version of "There Will Be Brawl". (For those not familiar with "TWBB", I highly suggest watching it at www.therewillbebrawl.com.)

It's now been proven that this is a fake and the full "Movie Trailer" is plastered all over Youtube with people wanting a piece of the page views. Below is a link to the article which explains more as well as an interview with the creators of the video and the full video itself. But I'm curious to know, what do you guys think? Would you want to see a darker spin on the world of Pokemon? Can a Pokemon movie be DONE with Live Action? Should this movie be made as an Anime?

Article Link: http://shogungamer.com/news/live-action-pokemon-movie-full-hd-trailer-and-interview-its-creators

Cornwad

I would have gone to see that movie if it was real, it looked great.

Silverhawk79

A darker spin would be interesting. Team Rocket as actual competent bad guys? Yes please.

Neerb

Someone actually thought that was real? Seriously?

I will admit, it is one of the better fan videos I've seen, but there's not a single part of that video that would make me think it was real for a second.

DBY106698

The original "Leaked" video that had people debating if it was real or not was a short 38 second clip that showed the end of the trailer that had some time stamps and things like "Confidential" added to the video. It appeared to be secretly recorded with a cell phone and made it appear as if someone recorded the last bit secretly during a private screening somewhere.

I also want to point out that it's not the first time guns have been seen in Pokemon, so it's NOT all that unheard of, however most of those episodes either did not make it to US shores or the guns edited out. The US is a LOT more stricter on censorship than Japan.

Light

I found it hilarious more than anything else.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

RX-78-2

I just watched it and it looked great. It was pretty funny too--at first, anyway.

I think a live action movie would be great. It would have to be officially produced though, and I don't know if it'd be better with a Japanese or American cast. Death Note had a live action movie (though I've seen and I don't know if it's good), so I think there's a chance that it'd work with Pokémon.

I wouldn't mind another anime movie though; I've always liked those.

Oh--and yeah--a dark, gritty Pokémon movie would be awesome. I've always thought that it should be done with the games too.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Custom

there were like 2 different ones

they all sucked

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

If I was younger and more into pokemon then I would have liked to have seen something like that.
...̅̅̅

Custom

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on October 09, 2010, 11:27:56 PM
If I was younger and more into pokemon then I would have liked to have seen something like that.

we all would have duh

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!