News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Wackiest/Coolest TMs?

Started by FruitFlow, October 13, 2010, 08:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Have any of you ever found certain TMs to be somewhat "odd" or just plain awesome?
LOL. It's been about 3 years since Diamond/Pearl's release, and I'm beginning to question myself on a few of them.

Wackiest TM: Rock Polish - Honestly, how does "polishing" yourself make you "faster"?
You still have the heavy weight, so what could possibly change from making your skin shiny other than a nice new look?

Coolest TM: U-Turn - Upon first seeing this new move, I was pretty impressed.
Not only is it an offensive Baton Pass (minus the passing), but it's also a Bug-type, making it all the more awesome.
The move itself has a lot of potential in the metagames.

So, what about the rest of you?
Which ones do you find strange and cool?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Rock Climb... because climbing rocks ALWAYS hurts people near me with a chance of confusing them. Heck, I think the reason it can cause confusion is because the Pokemon is wondering how it just got injured.

Also... there are Female Mr. Mimes... so you can make one Mr. Mime successfully use Attract on another Mr. Mime.  :|

chaosgear

Curse. ??? type, raises attack and defence while lowering speed.
...Wait, what?

Rayquarian

The Riddler

Quote from: Porygon2Me on October 13, 2010, 08:25:47 AM
Have any of you ever found certain TMs to be somewhat "odd" or just plain awesome?
LOL. It's been about 3 years since Diamond/Pearl's release, and I'm beginning to question myself on a few of them.

Wackiest TM: Rock Polish - Honestly, how does "polishing" yourself make you "faster"?
You still have the heavy weight, so what could possibly change from making your skin shiny other than a nice new look?
Polish = Smooth = More aerodynamic = Faster

Kayo

Quote from: Porygon2Me on October 13, 2010, 08:25:47 AM

Coolest TM: U-Turn - Upon first seeing this new move, I was pretty impressed.
Not only is it an offensive Baton Pass (minus the passing), but it's also a Bug-type, making it all the more awesome.
The move itself has a lot of potential in the metagames.

So, what about the rest of you?
Which ones do you find strange and cool?
Rock Polish's info says "polishes body to reduce drag," which as Rob said, is making it more aerodynamic. But considering it says so in the attack description, you really didn't need to ask that.

U-Turn is. One of my favorite. moves. ever. It's good amazing on a superfast pokemon, where it moves first, just like a manual switch, but causes damage while doing it. I use it to help my Crobat escape from Psychic types, while cutting their HP by at last half <3
Except if you're slower, U-turn is just pointless. Well, not entirely, but it takes away the whole surprise element of switching. Like to avoid a supereffective attack. I noticed that B/W adds a variation, Volt Change, which is the same, but Electric-type and is Special rather than Physical. Not as cool as the Physical bug U-Turn, but it adds a spin to the metagame in one big way. Gyarados. I'm sure Gyarados can be OHKOed from this move when used by certain Pokemon (especially after Stealth Rock, even though I hate the move).

And trick room. Reverses attacking order, but how that works is beyond me. I can't imagine a dimension where slower is faster. But I guess that's the point. Oddly enough.

Also for weirdest, I can't see how Bark Out is causing damage. I liked Dark Pulse better.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: chaosgear on October 13, 2010, 10:00:53 AM
Curse. ??? type, raises attack and defence while lowering speed.
...Wait, what?
The ??? type is removed, finally, in B/W. It is now Ghost.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on October 13, 2010, 04:51:23 PM
The ??? type is removed, finally, in B/W. It is now Ghost.
And if a same-type pokemon uses it, it has a different effect. Makes MUCH more sense than being ???-type.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

So is ??? type removed? 'Cause I can see Hidden Power and a few other moves being ??? type, though I doubt it
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 13, 2010, 09:19:57 PM
So is ??? type removed? 'Cause I can see Hidden Power and a few other moves being ??? type, though I doubt it
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%3F%3F%3F
QuoteThe ??? type was removed from the coding of the Generation V games. This was possibly because making exceptions for a type that was used solely by a single, non-damaging move in the case that hackers would alter a Pokémon or move and crash their game had become tiresome. Considering that the only other "official" use of the ???-type had been the unavailable form of Arceus, the type itself was essentially useless.