News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Celebi, does anyone have a Celebi

Started by Neerb, October 30, 2010, 06:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

I want to train a Celebi. I want a Celebi on my team. I actually own a legitimate (cloned, but legitimate) Celebi from the only American Celebi event ever. But this legitimate Celebi has absolutely horrid stats because I got it at level 70 (as it was from the event) and so it obviously has zero bonus stats from effort values.

My question: can anyone here offer me a Celebi of significantly lower level? Perhaps one from a Japanese event? Heck, I already have a real one for my collection and I don't do competitive play, so I'd gladly take a fake American one as long as it was unnamed and stilled worked just like a real Celebi.

If you want anything in return, just ask and I'll see what I can do. I have all TMs in Diamond, just to let you know (although if you have the capability to make me a fake Celebi, I doubt you'd even need them). I also have a TRU event Regigas, if anyone still needs it for whatever it was originally needed for.

bluaki

You got it at lv70? There's still plenty of chance to EV train it.

Neerb

To max it? It's best stat right now is in the 170s and it's worst is in the 140s... I'm pretty sure I have unevolved pokemon that are better than that. I'm not too knowledgeable in the realm of EVs, but could I really make it usable before it reaches lv100?

bluaki

EVs can be trained with practically no level gain; they're dependent on the Pokemon species rather than level. Final stats after reaching lv100 depend on the number of accumulated EVs without regard to what levels you gained them. Unless the event gives you something already at lv100 (in which case vitamins are the only possible way to raise any EVs), you're free to train it.

Considering how low level the popular EV training places are, you're not even likely to reach lv71 on their exp before being done EV training. The noticeable stat gains from it aren't modified until the level ups, however.

Neerb

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'm still disappointed that it's lowest stat is Special Attack, which is what I wanted to make it (a special attacker), but I suppose there are other/better uses for it... perhaps a simple baton passer or healer, something my team is noticeably lacking.

Kayo

Celebi is often used for team support, and you have several options for it. If it has good HP and Defense, give it Calm Mind to boost its other defensive stat while simultaneously giving it attacking power.

Now, you say Sp. Atk is its lowest stat. What's the Celebi's nature? If it's Bold (or maybe Relaxed) do a Calm Mind set. If it's a Jolly nature, Celebi still has some physical things it can do, like Swords Dance passing, with Seed Bomb as your physical attack. This isn't exactly as useful as Calm Mind in most cases, but it really depends on what your team needs.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]