News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance

Started by Neerb, January 18, 2011, 03:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Well, I, thousands of gamers, and most video game review sites find that the series in general is fun and has an interesting story.

Besides, plenty of people don't like the game, but they're content with simply not playing it. What I'm wondering is why you so aggressively hate the series and all who associate with it. It's not like it's destroying a generation like modern Nickelodeon or something; it's just one spin-off crossover series that you could very very easily avoid playing. Which brings up another point: exactly which of these games have you actually played? Because there are now 6 of them, not counting remakes/special editions, and you can hardly judge the entire franchise solely because KH2 was too easy.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Sora on January 19, 2011, 06:10:03 PM
Well, I, thousands of gamers, and most video game review sites find that the series in general is fun and has an interesting story.

Besides, plenty of people don't like the game, but they're content with simply not playing it. What I'm wondering is why you so aggressively hate the series and all who associate with it. It's not like it's destroying a generation like modern Nickelodeon or something; it's just one spin-off crossover series that you could very very easily avoid playing. Which brings up another point: exactly which of these games have you actually played? Because there are now 6 of them, not counting remakes/special editions, and you can hardly judge the entire franchise solely because KH2 was too easy.
Oh, don't mind Custom. He's just an old troll who has lost his luster.

I, on the other hand, have always wanted to try Kingdom Hearts. I finally have a PS2, perhaps this is the time?

Neerb

I'd highly recommend it. The two main PS2 games should be around $20 each used, and they shouldn't be too hard to find either. In fact, you can probably still find the PS2 remake of Chain of Memories, although that game's gameplay is psychotic. While the portable games are good, necessary to the over-all story, and the PSP one is first chronologically, I wouldn't touch them until you've played the PS2 ones and decided whether or not the series is worth following. Although, the gameplay does change every once in a while, and the PSP one actually has the most fun gameplay imo.

Custom

Quote from: Sora on January 19, 2011, 06:10:03 PM

i've played KH1, KH2, CoM, and Birth By Sleep.
I like KH1 and CoM, hated KH2 and Birth By Sleep.
This series makes me mad because it's overrated as intercourse  by little kids. The same reason games like Call of Duty made me mad. Yes, it was fun at first, is it fun 3 games later? No.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Wow, I think you're the only person I know who liked CoM more than BBS. Not that CoM was terrible, but the card system is often just plain aggravating (although I have Re:CoM, so I don't know if that changes anything). Also, you mentioned how annoying it is going to the same worlds over and over (I for one am definitely sick of Olympus coliseum and Agrabah, anyway), but I find it interesting that your two favorites of the series have the exact same worlds as eachother.

Magnum

So, anyone know what's up with this 'Drop' bar? What, do I have to suicide to get awesome wall bouncing abilities?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Custom

Quote from: Sora on January 19, 2011, 07:55:46 PM
Wow, I think you're the only person I know who liked CoM more than BBS. Not that CoM was terrible, but the card system is often just plain aggravating (although I have Re:CoM, so I don't know if that changes anything). Also, you mentioned how annoying it is going to the same worlds over and over (I for one am definitely sick of Olympus coliseum and Agrabah, anyway), but I find it interesting that your two favorites of the series have the exact same worlds as eachother.

I liked CoM because they changed it up. The card system becomes a nightmare at the end, but at least it was a new battle system. The rest feel like I'm doing the same thing in the same places.

Neerb

Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 19, 2011, 09:58:17 PM
So, anyone know what's up with this 'Drop' bar? What, do I have to suicide to get awesome wall bouncing abilities?

It seems like that would be the meter that lets you do that stuff, although "Drop" is probably just the name, like Drive or Clock. The thing is, though, that meter doesn't seem to move during the gameplay, so either it's irrelevant to the wall-jumping or this beta video just wasn't showing it fall.

DededeCloneChris

I'm going to buy this game once it comes to America. But the title is too ridiculous for my tastes.

Neerb

Well, since this thread is still front page from when I made it in January (this forum is so sad), I might as well bump it...

The game has been confirmed for a Spring 2012 date, and we should be getting trailers and gameplay within the coming days.

Also, on an interesting note, it seems Final Fantasy isn't the only Square franchise in the mix anymore; KH3D will feature characters from The World Ends With You, including Neku and the Reapers.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on September 14, 2011, 08:33:55 PM
Well, since this thread is still front page from when I made it in January (this forum is so sad), I might as well bump it...

The game has been confirmed for a Spring 2012 date, and we should be getting trailers and gameplay within the coming days.

Also, on an interesting note, it seems Final Fantasy isn't the only Square franchise in the mix anymore; KH3D will feature characters from The World Ends With You, including Neku and the Reapers.
Great, now I have to play TWEWY.

...Wait, what? They're going with THEM?

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on September 14, 2011, 08:33:55 PM

big fag game

Neerb

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on September 16, 2011, 05:00:59 AM
Really? I've heard some pretty nice things about TWEWY.

no, twewy is great
but mashing dream drop is a big fag game
becuase it's jsut a clusterintercourse  of things that don't belong together
it's all just a poorly written fanfic at this point

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Custom on September 16, 2011, 07:43:03 AM
no, twewy is great
but mashing dream drop is a big fag game
becuase it's jsut a clusterintercourse  of things that don't belong together
it's all just a poorly written fanfic at this point

Big SHITTY MCSHIT game
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH