News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

649 Pokemon and some are still missing.

Started by The Riddler, March 30, 2011, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

The weaknesses aren't nice, but he's also immune to Electric, Normal, and Fighting. Could be worse, I guess.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on March 30, 2011, 08:50:04 PM
Five?

Water, Grass, Ice, Ghost, Dark.
I don't think I'm missing anything.
I forgot Ghost isn't weak to Bug.
My bad.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Zero

Yeah I've been saying for a while that Houndoom needs an evo to make it a viable pokemon. It got Nasty Plot but that still wasn't enough of a buff.

As for the Dark/Steel type mentioned don't we have Bisharp? lol

FruitFlow

Quote from: Zero on April 01, 2011, 02:26:49 PM
As for the Dark/Steel type mentioned don't we have Bisharp? lol
Yeah, pretty much.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

We can have more than one of the same type combination.  Heck, in case you don't remember, we have 3 Fire/Fighting Pokemon. :|

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 01, 2011, 03:10:57 PM
We can have more than one of the same type combination.  Heck, in case you don't remember, we have 3 Fire/Fighting Pokemon. :|
We have too many Bug/Flying pokemon.
And Water/Ice.

Yet you picked a type only 3 lines have.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

All of which are starters.
One of the many things that made most people rage.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 01, 2011, 04:55:07 PM
All of which are starters.
One of the many things that made most people rage.
We just need more variety. Another reason I'm sad that Samurott and Serperior are single-typed.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 01, 2011, 05:09:47 PM
We just need more variety. Another reason I'm sad that Samurott and Serperior are single-typed.
Samurott I'm not so sure of.
Fighting maybe?

But Serperior could've maybe had dual Dark since it looks sinister and has the "Antagonist" ability.
But then that would build more weaknesses.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 01, 2011, 05:17:20 PM
Samurott I'm not so sure of.
Fighting maybe?

But Serperior could've maybe had dual Dark since it looks sinister and has the "Antagonist" ability.
But then that would build more weaknesses.
Not saying I SEE any other types in those two per se, I just would have liked to see some new combinations.

That's the only reason I liked the Gen IV starters. Grass/Ground and Water/Steel were some pretty cool combos, and unique ones at that.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 01, 2011, 06:13:52 PM
Not saying I SEE any other types in those two per se, I just would have liked to see some new combinations.

That's the only reason I liked the Gen IV starters. Grass/Ground and Water/Steel were some pretty cool combos, and unique ones at that.
Grass/Ground was a very unique typing.
I actually liked that the most of the 3.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 01, 2011, 06:19:21 PM
Grass/Ground was a very unique typing.
I actually liked that the most of the 3.
And the Pokemon was amazingly fitting. I don't see why people are hating Torterra. I disliked Grotle, but Torterra is a beast.

Empoleon's got a nice typing that really gives a lot of Pokemon headaches. (First and only thing until Gen V to resist Kingdra's Dragon/Water attack combo, and still the only thing to wall Kingdra even if Kingdra carries Ice Beam)
[move][/move]

Neerb

I wish Samurott had been Water/Ice or Water/Rock, either of which would have 1. made sense for a sea lion, 2. would have at least given him a new stab, making him more useful, and 3. would have been a first for a starter.

A friend of mine also suggested that it would have been cool/made sense looks-wise if Serperior had been Grass/Psychic, Emboar had been Fire/Dark, and Samurott would have been Water/Fighting.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 01, 2011, 07:41:26 PM
I wish Samurott had been Water/Ice or Water/Rock, either of which would have 1. made sense for a sea lion, 2. would have at least given him a new stab, making him more useful, and 3. would have been a first for a starter.

A friend of mine also suggested that it would have been cool/made sense looks-wise if Serperior had been Grass/Psychic, Emboar had been Fire/Dark, and Samurott would have been Water/Fighting.
Weren't the starters rumored to be Psychic, Dark, and Fighting one gen? Think it was extremely early Gen IV.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on April 01, 2011, 07:43:14 PM
Weren't the starters rumored to be Psychic, Dark, and Fighting one gen? Think it was extremely early Gen IV.

I never believed it, but I did once see fake starters of those pure types. I think they were a dog, a triceratops, and a kangaroo... or something like that.

But yeah, I'd like that combo, but they'd need to be attached to the standard Grass, Fire, and Water.