ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

649 Pokemon and some are still missing.

Started by The Riddler, March 30, 2011, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on April 03, 2011, 06:29:55 PM
It's still a wasp.

Actually, it's a cicada; hence Nincada (ninja-cicada), and the fact that it leaves its shell behind. Of course, the Ninja aspect of the whole family is still very lacking; it's fast like a ninja, but it looks and acts like a totally average bug.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 03, 2011, 06:34:02 PM
Actually, it's a cicada; hence Nincada (ninja-cicada), and the fact that it leaves its shell behind. Of course, the Ninja aspect of the whole family is still very lacking; it's fast like a ninja, but it looks and acts like a totally average bug.
Nincada looks more like a Cicada to me. I guess Ninjask is a mix between a cicada and a wasp. :/
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

It's a mixture of the 2 basically.
But where's the stinger?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 03, 2011, 07:16:47 PM
It's a mixture of the 2 basically.
But where's the stinger?
[spoiler][/spoiler]Yes, pray tell, where's the stinger? It's not extremely prominent on some wasps. Plus maybe they didn't give it a stinger because its special trait is its speed and agility, not stinging force.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I don't see any wasp in it at all; Ninjask seems 100% cicada based.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 03, 2011, 07:41:16 PM
I don't see any wasp in it at all; Ninjask seems 100% cicada based.
Whatever. I always think of a wasp. Maybe not by looks alone, but he just reminds me of wasps.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Maybe it's the yellow and black stripes.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 03, 2011, 08:24:44 PM
Maybe it's the yellow and black stripes.
And possibly the general shape, high population of bees and wasps around my house, and me seeing it for the first time when i was like 8 years old.

It just stuck.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

It's body looks a bit too short to be a wasp.
The closest that comes to mind is a bee.

Beecada.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 04, 2011, 01:12:44 AM
It's body looks a bit too short to be a wasp.
The closest that comes to mind is a bee.

Beecada.
It buzzes, problem solved.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Rayquarian

Well, Shedinja is definitely (the shedded skin of) a cicada.

Kayo

Origin aside, I always loved Nincada. Mostly Shedinja. That creepy hovering Bug-Ghost thing. Its ability is fun. Sure a lot of things an take it out (Factoring in Stealth Rock and weather) but if you play it right and keep it hidden until the end of the battle it can really intercourse  with your opponent.

Example: The mighty Kyogre can't do a thing to Shedinja. Yes, it can use AncientPower, but Kyogre very rarely, if ever, carries that move in competitive battling.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Or you can just FS it to save a turn and throw your opponent off guard.
But I guess if you were to add Shedinja to a team it would have to be the first to go out since SR is the most common entry hazard in the metagames, and would likely OHKO it to oblivion.

Wonder Guard is a nice touch for it though.