News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Started by Neerb, April 20, 2011, 04:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on June 19, 2011, 08:20:39 PM
Did anyone here who already has the game buy it in-store? Which store did you get it at?

Also, I'm worried; Club Nintendo says the soundtrack will be available to people who register by midnight Pacific time on June 20th. So, does that mean I have only a couple hours left, or does it mean I have over 20 hours left?
I don't really know what it means, but there were technical difficulties in the site when I tried to get my soundtrack. Thankfully, I talked to a representative and the order was placed in my inquiry. If you want to be safe, buy the game at a GameStop because that's where I bought it. You CAN also talk to them through customer service and ask them about the limit.

And if you didn't preorder, well... Good luck, dude.

Nayrman

Well, I had to go on the phone and talk to an NOA guy to get my soundtrack. The site is having loads of problems with the CD thing. I think it'll mean that you have until midnight tomorrow, as a one day thing (on Father's day no less) would be kinda mean on Nintendo's part.

Zero

My local Wal-Mart NEVER has new releases on the street dates, so I just went to a GS, much to my dismay. It's whatever though, I got the last one.

Neerb

Well, I got the game and registered it; I assume now I just wait for an email confirmation?

As for the game itself, holy shmoely. The screens online don't do justice; when seen in motion, this game is absolutely beautiful, leaps and bounds better looking than the original. The 3D effect is great too; I keep it on low because full power is just too much for my eyes to handle, but even at low it looks amazing in 3D (of course, the only other games I have are Street Fighter and Excite Bike, which don't exactly show it off well). Also, the motion control is FANTASTIC. I was worried it might be just kinda gimmicky, but as Game Informer said, it actually feels better than anything so far, even Wii's IR in Twilight Princess. I will absolutely be using the motion control for the rest of the game.

Complaints? I have three, though they are minor:
1. Moving. The circle pad doesn't feel as natural as a control stick, although I'm sure I'll get used to it. Also, simply moving Link seems a bit weird now; if I remember correctly, on the N64 he could spin around on a dime, facing whichever direction you point him in; on the 3DS, however, he now makes much slower, wider turns when running. This isn't a game-breaking issue, as he doesn't necessarily control like a train, but I couldn't help get a "Shadow the Hedgehog" feel when I first tried walking.
2. The map is still on the bottom left of the top screen. Really, Nintendo? Regulating the map to the bottom screen has been a tradition since the first explorable DS games; even the games that don't require the bottom screen for almost anything have enough decency to just throw the map down there.  Why, then, is Ocarina of Time, of all games, keeping the map up top?
3. Despite having the graphics to show Link's face, he still seems emotionless. I mean sure, the Hero of Time is considerably more serious than the Hero of Winds and his cartoony expressions, but it's a bit disappointing that he still has a completely blank stare when he gets his first fairy.

Again, these are minor complaints; it's absolutely beautiful, and will probably remain one of the best 3DS games over the course of the console's life.

DededeCloneChris

Neerb, there was supposed to be a window popping up after you had registered your game to accept the offer. If it didn't appear then you either didn't wait for it or the promotion already ended...

...Actually, I think it's still up. Call customer service.

FruitFlow

The promotion doesn't end until Midnight.

Also, the preorder bonus for this wasn't that interesting.
Europe got the best one.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Well, customer service is busy, and I'm sure it will remain that way until this promotion ends. However, I did find this on Club Nintendo:

QuoteEveryone who completes a survey for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D game by midnight, Pacific Time on Monday June 20, 2011 will receive the soundtrack CD. You will receive an email confirmation within 7 days to confirming we have placed your order.

I completed the survey, didn't I? I think that perhaps due to the large number of people trying to register, Nintendo is no longer making us manually do it like you Day 1 buyers did; it seems as though I should already be set, and within the week I will get an email confirming it.

Either way, this game was worth purchasing, but it would be nice to have the CD as part of the Anniversary thing. Speaking of which, I can't wait until Four Swords comes to the shop for FREE; my friends and I are going to play that thing to death.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: FruitFlow on June 20, 2011, 11:55:59 AM
The promotion doesn't end until Midnight.

Also, the preorder bonus for this wasn't that interesting.
Europe got the best one.
What do you mean by Europe getting the best bonus?

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Yeah, they got an actual freaking Ocarina. Granted, it's probably some cheap plastic, but still, that's way cooler than a CD. In fact, do the Austrailians ALSO get the CD?

Super

Holy poop, man. This remake is far beyond what I thought it would be. The graphics are intercourse ing beautiful. The controls are buttery smooth. The Circle Pad is actually very, very, very good. The touch screen display and inventory system is very well done. This game is perfection. I just beat the Water Temple. Game rapes.

Nayrman

You already beat the Water Temple? Jeezus dude... Then again, you can speed through it rather quickly if you just go straight through.

I've gotten everything possible going into Jabu Jabu...unless I'm missing a Skulltula or two, but I have I think 24, so I should be good. Early on there are limited options so they're easy to get. Got 3 extra heart pieces I'm not supposed to yet: Kakariko Roof, Dodongo tunnel, and the one in the Death Mountain Crater. The controls are getting a bit worse now that I can examine it more, as the circle pad isn't quite the best replacement for an analog stick. My case in point: Bombchu bowling. FUCK THAT MINIGAME. It was frustrating enough before, but the circle pad isn't as precise making it hard to aim for certain spots. I spent so long getting the biggest bomb bag and heart piece. Ugh.

Super

Aiming with the motion controls is really, really awesome.

And Nayr, I didn't just speed through everything. I did some side stuff and explored.

DededeCloneChris

Getting that heart piece over the cave by jumping from the high cliff has become the usual way in getting it. In fact, I never noticed the little hole in front of the cave.

Nayrman

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 20, 2011, 05:42:52 PM
Getting that heart piece over the cave by jumping from the high cliff has become the usual way in getting it. In fact, I never noticed the little hole in front of the cave.

It's the usual way because it's the fastest way, I think you're supposed to get it much later with the magic beans.